lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2012, 12:50 PM   #11
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2005 CC Precedent gas

Those are a different set of micro switches used to put your cart into maintence mode. It makes it so in normal mode you can't start it in neutral and in maintence mode you can't start it in gear. Gotta love Club Cars excesiveness and over complication for wiring. Me personally on my friends DS I bought an autozone $10 key switch and yanked out all the wiriing and wired in my own.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #12
12gage
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcXtreme72 View Post
Follow the throttle cable away from the carb. The black box is where the throttle pedal pulls the throttle cable. It's under the seat towards the front on the driver side. In that corner area just to the inside of the frame. I can take a pic tomorrow if you can't find it.
I would appreciate the photo, I can not find this black box the only thing I see under seat on drivers side is the fuel tank. You can send it to me by email if you like. Im at your mercy!
12gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #13
12gage
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

My question is there anyone that can point or give me a better picture of what i am looking for,as called the black box? I really have tried to resolve this little task but I see no where is this Black box. the only thing under driver seat is the fuel tank on my 2005 cart. Is it possible they have relocated this black box? I have tried to see in manuals online what I'm looking for and cannot find the other set of micro switches other than the ones i did find that were maintenance switches. I have looked to see if there was a box under the floor mat but didn't find this box. All I need is a picture i guess of the box i need to cut the black wire. I also found a tan wire with and eyelet crimped under the motor that has been disconnected and been plastic tied up any ideas what this wire is for.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:35 AM   #14
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I really have to apologize... the idle mod is for DS models, not Precedents.

I looked through my Precedent Illustrated Parts Manual and found that it doesn't have an electrical components (black) box,
I also found that the engine kill micro switch is built into the GCOR at the accelerator pedal.
Soooo.... this idle mod trick won't work for you.

Check with Cart Parts Plus and see if they can get you an idle kit for your Precedent.

Again... sorry!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:32 PM   #15
12gage
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thank you very much for your help and honesty, man I am pretty mechanically inclined but you had me going on this one. I spent lots of time on the net and looking for this black box and couldnt find it under Club car precedent, and you explained why I couldn't find it. I thought that the cart was modified by the last owner and he took this box out and rewired the cart. I will call carts plus and see if they offer/sell a such animal. This Mod is really something i want to get done on my cart for hunting season.
So in saying that that thank you very much for all your support and i will see you around on the forum, maybe well talk again, have a Outstanding Summer!

Tags
iginition wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car