lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #11
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

Default Re: 92cc wants to keep going

you can try putting 3oz's of seafoam in the spark plug hole and letting the motor run until the smoke show ends. That is a more direct way of trying to clean the carbon.

I thought I had my dieseling issue resolved but we had a hot day the other day and it started dieseling again. It seems as though the issue is related to the air temp for me which means it is related to engine temp. That makes me think it is a carbon issue and I will be trying some SeaFoam when I get home (on travel for work right now......hooray for Alabama.......)
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2012, 07:00 AM   #12
oliver28472
Getting Wild

I had that problem of the engine running when it was supposed to shut off. There is a kill switch that is just a ground when you let off the gas pedal. The wire on mine came loose somehow. When I found the wire and spliced it back together the problem was solved. I beleive this wire is connected within the black box from there to the ignition in the engine. Hope this helps.
oliver28472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #13
bc13
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

This may be a dumb question,but which screw on the carb adjusts the butterfly? I think this may be part of my dieseling problems. When I look in the cart it does not look like it closes all the way.
bc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #14
hunt4food
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have worked on a few club cars with this issue first I strongly feel its your starter belt you hear loosen top bolt pry up on starter that then tighten down belt easier with another hand, So if you can grow a new arm or have some one help you. I am 90 percent sure its your throttle cable that is causing your issue, mine does it also but all I do is choke it out when it does not stop running. If your throttle cover to carb is still on take that off and give the butterfly a little push if it moves towards shut position at all that is what it is. The symptom I believe is called Dieseling.
hunt4food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #15
bc13
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt4food View Post
I have worked on a few club cars with this issue first I strongly feel its your starter belt you hear loosen top bolt pry up on starter that then tighten down belt easier with another hand, So if you can grow a new arm or have some one help you. I am 90 percent sure its your throttle cable that is causing your issue, mine does it also but all I do is choke it out when it does not stop running. If your throttle cover to carb is still on take that off and give the butterfly a little push if it moves towards shut position at all that is what it is. The symptom I believe is called Dieseling.
I have not tried moving the butterfly yet but if that is the problem then how do I go about adjusting the butterfly so it will close better?
bc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #16
hunt4food
Gone Wild

Club Car

lengthen throttle cable I think I stretched my spring to get it
hunt4food is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car