lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2019, 02:09 PM   #1
Bird1969
Not Yet Wild

Default CC DS, Hunting Buggy, Best Electrical Upgrades

I am looking for the best electrical upgrades for my 01 CC DS, I have installed new wires and terminals, "2GA", bypassed the OBC, DPI Accusense charger, with the intention of new controller, motor, F/R switch, solenoid.
For starters, I am a big guy, 6' 1" and 390lb, the cart is mainly going to be used as a hunting buggy, so speed is really not a big issue, but I want it to be able to pull whatever I hook it to. It has fold down back seat, 6" Madjax HD A-arm lift kit, HD Rear Leafs, 23" tires. The terrain is extremely hilly, creek crossings, typical hunting scenarios.
I have been looking at the SR 48600 option on Carts-unlimited without the wires, which includes the Alltrax 600 controller, 400A Solenoid, and HD F/R Switch, with a torque motor from D and D. Is the 600A controller going to be an advantage over the 500A controller? I have read where the 600A is a waste of $ due to the fact you can never get that many amps out of a 6 8v pack set-up.
Is there a better option on controllers that I am not aware of, as well as solenoids, F/R Switch, or Motors, and is there any other pieces of the setup I am missing that will require further upgrades?
Bird1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2019, 09:31 AM   #2
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: CC DS, Hunting Buggy, Best Electrical Upgrades

See my sig for my DS Hunting Cart. Directional ATV tires is important pulling hills off road with a one-wheel drive cart. Also, I replaced the steering shaft with a shorter one from a limo DS. I like the extra belly room.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 10:09 AM   #3
Bird1969
Not Yet Wild

A shorter column is definitely in the near future.....I am not familiar with the IQ Conversion, my short experience with carts have been series carts. My biggest concern is torque, if I break something because of too much torque so be it, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it, I do not want to run out of power on these hills. On the flip side, I have never been around a cart that has had any updates, I just know the stock with the bigger tires is not going to get it done.
Bird1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 11:43 AM   #4
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Look at my sig. I have everything you're after minus a 600amp controller. I'm also running directional thick lug tires that measure 23" tall.

The biggest amp draw I've seen was a little over 400 amps and that was for a split second while punching the go pedal at the base on a pretty steep hill from a dead stop.

I was going to go with a SR48600, but after talking with another site sponsor he said it'd be a waste of money for amps I'll never see.

Bear in mind, the Alltax SR48500 controller has a peak output of 575 amps.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 11:57 AM   #5
Gallachera89
Gone Wild

Club Car

how can you measure amp pull? i have pretty similar set up for what a hunting buggy would use.. works wonders off road .. but id be curious to see how the amount of amps im pulling.
Gallachera89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:01 PM   #6
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallachera89 View Post
how can you measure amp pull? i have pretty similar set up for what a hunting buggy would use.. works wonders off road .. but id be curious to see how the amount of amps im pulling.
You'd have to get an ammeter to check amp draw.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:27 PM   #7
Captaintv
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I’m researching doing a similar build.
Looks like Navitas dc-ac is the only way to go!
Captaintv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:46 PM   #8
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallachera89 View Post
I’m pretty sure NCPW uses the BMS for his lithium batteries to check amp draw. There are options for other setups but they tend to be on the pricey side.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:02 AM   #9
cmysstailights
Gone Wild

My display for my lithium setup shows amp draw

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car