lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2020, 08:57 AM   #1
LostCartGuy
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart Going 1/2 Speed

Model: Carryall 1 48v, IQ Controller
SN: FD0535-539096
Year: 2005

This cart was handed down to me with little to no maintenance done to it in years. The issue I'm having is the cart will go 1/2 speed, 7 MPH, during inital start from a dead stop. If I come to a complete stop and wait for a about 3-5 seconds I can here the 48V solenoid click and when I press on the accerlator I can now go full speed, 14 MPH, with no issues until I come to a complete stop again, then the cycle starts all over.

I have already replaced the 6 8V batteries (101797801), speed sensor kit (102704901), MCOR w/conversion kit (AM293101), 48V solenoid (101908701), 48V IQ controller (102806201), and cleaned all contacts for these components with NO improvement.

Any suggestions on what to test next would be greatly appreciated.
LostCartGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2020, 12:27 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Cart Going 1/2 Speed

Sticking solenoid.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 04:22 AM   #3
LostCartGuy
Not Yet Wild

48V solenoid (101908701) already replaced
LostCartGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 07:34 AM   #4
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

On an IQ cart there are two things that put the cart in limp mode. The speed sensor and a welded solenoid. Also speed code 1, but you have code 4. If I’m not mistaking if the solenoid is welded you should be able to put the cart in TOW for a few minutes to give the controller time to reset. Then it should run normal until you stop the first time. That is a cost free easy test. Other than that my guess is controller and like I said it’s a guess. Don’t go speeding money on my guess.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 08:49 AM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would check the signal on Controller pin #2 yellow wire (throttle input) to make sure it starts near 0v (pedal up) and returns to 0v every time the pedal is pressed and released.

Likewise test the voltage on Controller pin #6 green wire (MCOR micro switch) to make sure it is 0v with pedal UP and returns to 0v every time the pedal is pressed and released.

Also make sure you do have the proper pre-charge resistor installed on the Solenoid big posts.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1/2 speed, 2004, carryall 1
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car