lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2022, 11:24 AM   #21
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2 stroke ezgo sluggish at starting off

Have you mic'd the diameter of each one? Are they the same size? Either way I'd still use the metal ones, check to see if you have a bearing store near you. Something like a 'Kaman Bearing' or whatever, take the seal number with you. Around here if they don't have it in stock they can get it overnight, it'll probably be a better seal anyway. Like maybe a 'Timken' etc
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2022, 12:38 PM   #22
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Here’s what I would do. But I’m impatient

Put the metal one under the flywheel. That’s the one that’s a puta to change anyway. Stake it or loctite or whatever you’re comfortable with.

Order the second metal seal. Then put the rubber one under the clutch side. That one is easy to change, just pull the clutch and it’s right there. I think you’d be fine with the rubber one personally, it’s metal under the rubber coating and I’ve had lots of 2stroke motors use the coated crank seals like that with no problems. But worst case if it does fail, it’s a 10 minute job to replace it. That gets you up and running and on the road again, and in all likelihood it will be fine. But prepared for worst case scenario
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 12:47 PM   #23
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Here’s what I would do. But I’m impatient

Put the metal one under the flywheel. That’s the one that’s a puta to change anyway. Stake it or loctite or whatever you’re comfortable with.

Order the second metal seal. Then put the rubber one under the clutch side. That one is easy to change, just pull the clutch and it’s right there. I think you’d be fine with the rubber one personally, it’s metal under the rubber coating and I’ve had lots of 2stroke motors use the coated crank seals like that with no problems. But worst case if it does fail, it’s a 10 minute job to replace it. That gets you up and running and on the road again, and in all likelihood it will be fine. But prepared for worst case scenario

I think that's really good advice right there. I would go with that plan.

You know what they say. " If it fits, it flies".
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 03:44 PM   #24
49ford
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

It was good to hear the advice of putting metal seal under flywheel, and other out by clutch. I had thought that and thought I was just kicking the can down the road.
I'm going to button it up and wait on other metal seal. I hate going back to redo something I wondered about in the first place.
Btw, the old crank seal that started this deal, was a mess. The tension spring inside the seal was out under the flywheel and rubber was messed up. Its a wonder this thing ran at all.

I want to thank all the contributors for their welcome advice.
49ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 08:28 AM   #25
49ford
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

On the seal thing,, I contacted the vendor about a refund on the rubber coated seals, and this was his reply.

Hello. These seals will work fine in this engine. A majority of 2 stroke engines use this style of seal. They don't need to be used with glue or Loctite. If they're installed properly, I guarantee these seals will never blow out. I've sold nearly 1000 of these seal sets and used many in my own shop over the years without a single report of failure.

I'm not getting any money back or other seals from him. His eb address is available on request
Old 08-18-2022, 11:54 AM   #26
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Welp.......

Since the highly knowledgeable and highly respected opinions of both CP241 and Cart Around above say they've seen them and used them I'm now sure you'll be fine, pretty unfair of the vender but I like how he says ''I guarantee these seals will never blow out''......
Old 09-18-2022, 07:22 AM   #27
49ford
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

to put a period on this,,, the seals fixed the hard start and improved the performance. Quite a learning experience
Old 09-18-2022, 12:09 PM   #28
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Good job guys, glad you got it running and Thanks for the follow up
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO