lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2022, 11:51 AM   #1
LakePlacidGolfer
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 2013 Precedent conversion to Extreme Team Lithium in 2022

On December 13, 2021, I put a deposit down for an Extreme Team 48v 100aH LiFePo4 Battery Pack. There were currently none in stock, but I was told they would be getting some in stock in the next week.

Received a notice from Extreme Team on December 29, 2021 that my order was ready and I paid the balance of my invoice, including a $371.29 shipping charge. I was provided a tracking number.

Received a phone call from shipper T Force Freight on January 11, 2022. They would only schedule delivery on a weekday between 11AM-3PM. Told them no one is home weekdays until 4pm. Reached a compromise where I would monitor my driveway camera and open the garage door when the delivery truck arrived so the shipment could be placed in the garage.

Delivery truck arrives about 11:30am on Jan 12, which was the coldest day of the season (high temp was 9 degrees), and I open garage door (remotely). Immediately receive a call from T Force Freight stating that the delivery is "to the curb" and driver will not leave in the garage. After a short verbal disagreement with the same woman I spoke to to schedule the delivery, we agree to reschedule the delivery to Friday, January 21, when I can make arrangements to be home.

I arrive home from work at 4pm on Jan 12 to find the shipment on my front lawn out by the street.

While still in my suit and dress shoes, I grabbed my hand truck, went down to the lawn adjacent to my mailbox, loaded the pallet on, and walked it up the driveway into my garage.

Photos attached are of the delivery truck driver walking up my driveway, the driver in my garage, and the location where the delivery pallet was left (it is wrapped in black shrink wrap).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8284.JPG (113.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2CAA8E04999C_1642437600.jpg (133.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8210a.jpg (265.7 KB, 0 views)
LakePlacidGolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2022, 12:06 PM   #2
LakePlacidGolfer
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2013 Precedent conversion to Extreme Team Lithium in 2022

I brought the pallet into my heated basement and left it there for 4 days untouched.

On Sunday, Jan 16th, I cut away the shrink wrap and found the battery box, the charger, a cable with the dash battery meter attached, a white envelope, and a few shipping documents.

In the white envelope was a white 16ga wire, two butt splices, a ring terminal, red and black battery terminal covers, a battery strap, and an Extreme Team can coozie.

The battery box does not have 12v terminals on it, like it was explained on the Extreme Team website. I explained in a previous thread that I had purchased a voltage reducer to install, so the lack of 12 terminals isn't that big of a deal.

There was no shunt included, probably because the new battery meter connects to a communications port on the side of the battery box.

There were no installation instructions included at all. Nothing. No USB drive, either, like I had read previous customers had received.

The Extreme Team website states a BMS is included that has bluetooth capability, but there are no documents explaining how to connect to the BMS.

I called and left a message with the woman who answered. She said "one of the guys" would call me back after 2pm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8281.jpg (160.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8279.jpg (175.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8282.jpg (128.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-17-2022, 06:46 PM   #3
UpstateNYDS
Getting Wild

Club Car

Interested in your results. I currently have 4 12v and they're terrible. Debating 6-8v or Lithium
UpstateNYDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 09:28 PM   #4
KTKelly
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I'm curious as to the pricing.

Local shop will install and set up for $2,800.00 a 100AH 48volt.
KTKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 10:48 AM   #5
LakePlacidGolfer
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTKelly View Post
I'm curious as to the pricing.
I paid $2360 plus $371 shipping, $2731 total.

Ordered December 13, 2021

Received January 12, 2022
Old 01-28-2022, 11:10 AM   #6
LakePlacidGolfer
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I reached out to Extreme Team via phone call, email, and FB messenger on Jan 17.

I heard back via FB messenger on Sunday, Jan 23 that he had been "out of the country for a while."

Here's what I was told: It appears you received the new battery we have that are high out. This is an upgrade to the standard battery. Unfortunately it doesn’t have a 12v Circuit. Since you wasn’t aware of this prior to us shipping we can send you a convertor. I will send you instructions on the new set up with the Bluetooth information. White wire is not needed that was for the shunt. They sent that because it was pre packed.

Haven't received any communication since Jan 23.

I'm going to start the install tomorrow (Saturday, Jan 29). Attached is the photo of my existing battery box.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg start.jpg (285.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-28-2022, 05:15 PM   #7
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

They are using Daly BMS. You can download the Daly Smart BMS app and connect to the pack.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 12:18 PM   #8
LakePlacidGolfer
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Removed the batteries and vacuumed the inside with a shop vac. Found two quarters and a nickel, so I reduced the cost of the install by 55 cents.

Removed the black toe kick piece to access the OEM charge port, which I removed in order to install a 110v male outlet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8334.jpg (146.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8335.jpg (142.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-29-2022, 01:17 PM   #9
LakePlacidGolfer
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

In order to totally remove the OEM charge port and wires, I had to access the panel where the controller and OBC are, so I bypassed the OBC when I had it open. As suggested in Wayne Martin's video linked above, I cut the six wires near the OBC and pulled apart the six pin connector. I removed all but the white and blue wires and butt spliced them together (as indicated by the yellow arrow in the photo) and then reconnected the six pin connector.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8339.jpg (142.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-29-2022, 01:25 PM   #10
LakePlacidGolfer
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I took some measurements of my 48v 100ah battery and knew the right side was going to be tight between the black plastic on the bottom. After dropping in the battery, it didn't sit flush to the bottom because the black plastic was slightly rubbing on the bottom of the battery.

So, I took my oscillating multi-tool and cut out a 1" high by 2" long section of the black plastic where the yellow arrow points in the photo.

After replacing the battery, it now sits flat on the bottom.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8342.jpg (175.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8345.jpg (190.4 KB, 0 views)

Tags
extremeteam, lithium, precedent
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car