lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2022, 08:59 AM   #1
Nicochan
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Looking for wiring harness kit for Western 100 - 36v

Good day all,

I've been using the search function to see if anyone has linked aftermarket vendors for wiring harness kits. What I'm looking to do is replace the wiring harness on our Western model 100 36v cart. We're wanting to replace the "rats nest" that someone made. We're also looking to upgrade the bulbs to LEDs.

The year as best I understand is a 1983 - Serial # is 10063453

For the most part, the cart is in fair shape. Some corners need a bit of love (fiberglass/bondo repair). We had to cut the rear bumper off due to some previous owner finding the need to rivet into one of the allen bolts and the allen bolts were all rusted to the frame. So, that'll need to be replaced (we're good with something aftermarket that fits).

A picture of our golf cart is included for reference.

I would be grateful to any leads on companies selling full wiring harness kits.

TIA

Nicole
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KITT.jpg (58.3 KB, 0 views)
Nicochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2022, 03:37 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Looking for wiring harness kit for Western 100 - 36v

Welcome to the madness. I don't think anybody ever did offer a wire harness for this cart. They were only in business for a few years putting their body on an Ezgo chassis with a few mods or additions.

Lucky for you this looks like an old series cart. There are only 4 wires to the controller, a few to the solenoid, a keyswitch and not much else. Or is it a resistor coil cart?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 09:13 AM   #3
Nicochan
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you Scott - would you happen to know which EZGO model (for the chassis) this Western was added on to? I'm doing a search for wiring harness kits and going cross eyed :D

There is a resistor coil in it.
Nicochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 06:29 PM   #4
howardm18
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Found this one: says they sell wiring harness for golf cart? https://www.golfcarcatalog.com/light...harnesses.html My Western is a 2001 M400 series, 4 seater bought 1 month ago with new batteries & the rest of the standard Western stuff. Hope this helps! Howard
howardm18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 01:45 PM   #5
PeterHS
Not Yet Wild

I have a 1993/4 Western 400 and completely failed to find anything useful. So I ripped out the old rats nest completely and redid the wiring all from scratch - and I documented what I did so all is easy to find. See before and after pics. You’ll see pretty much everything was upgraded including 36 to 48v. This isn’t the end though as I am in the process of swapping out the batteries for Lithium. Heck of a weight saving - it was fast before and now even better! I will post the swap to Lithium when it is complete. BTW - thanks to ScottyB for the help and a lot of the goodies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CA7E241A-5C33-4B1E-AAB0-6CABA4836BC2.jpg (196.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg AA074227-3980-449F-933C-243A44253CCA.jpg (193.5 KB, 0 views)
PeterHS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100 model, 36 volt, western, wiring harness kit
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO