lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2022, 11:26 PM   #61
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 04 precedent lithium conversion??

Also have a look at item 3 in the setup document: Preset Voltage Setting
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2022, 12:26 AM   #62
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Also have a look at item 3 in the setup document: Preset Voltage Setting
You mean that manual that’s the first thing everyone throws out as soon as they open it? Who actually reads that stuff
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 12:52 AM   #63
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yep, that's the one...
Old 07-08-2022, 07:23 AM   #64
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

This thread raises a question about shunt gauge function:

To initially set up the gauge to function correctly - you have to set Ah capacity to match your pack and set gauge to 100% at the end of the first charge cycle. That's pretty straight forward.

I have always assumed the gauge uses voltage from that point forward to determine when the pack is fully recharged. I'm now beginning to question if this is the case.

If it measures charging Ah to determine when it gets back to 100%, the gauge will not get to 100% on a system with a multi-bank charger. Because the shunt will only measure charging current for one battery (i.e. the one with pack negative).

Maybe it uses a combination of charging Ah, voltage and charger cut off.

Thoughts???
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 11:01 AM   #65
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Normally the meter will count up when charging and it should get to 100%, but you may be able to set a voltage threshold for 100% and for 0%.

A multi bank setup should still be fairly accurate as the shunt measures current and a 100Ah 48v battery is made up from 4 x 100Ah 12v batteries, only the voltage differs. The current in/out of a single battery will be the same as the entire pack. The only difference being in the charge process where some batteries may be slightly different, but if each battery is allowed to get to 100% and the meter resets to 100% then all is good.
Old 07-08-2022, 02:35 PM   #66
atl3128
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMJ View Post
Did you set the gauge to 100Ah?

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
Yes I did
atl3128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 03:57 PM   #67
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl3128 View Post
Yes I did
Is the charger negative cable connected to the battery or the shunt P- ?
Old 07-08-2022, 04:01 PM   #68
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Normally the meter will count up when charging and it should get to 100%, but you may be able to set a voltage threshold for 100% and for 0%.
So if I were to connect the negative charger cable to the battery B-, rather than the shunt P-. I will not get to 100%, unless there's a voltage threshold programmed into the gauge. I may have to try that.
Old 07-08-2022, 04:37 PM   #69
Dallas@Eco Battery
Getting Wild

Hey, ATL, it's Dallas from Eco Battery. I just wanted to give some input on our battery options for the Precedent in case you or anyone watching this thread are curious about an all inclusive setup vs. a DIY setup.

From my experience, the number one reason guys do a DIY setup is straight cost. At first glance, a DIY seems reasonably cheaper than a complete bundle, like the one we offer and, in many cases, can be. But, as you may be encountering, that cost difference progressively gets narrower the deeper you get in a DIY project. For some individuals, it may even come down to time vs. money.

Our bundles include a battery, mounting brackets, charger, SOT gauge, 12 volt converter and charging port. We test and build our components to work together and take the guess work out of putting together a lithium conversion. Our batteries and chargers are programmed to protect each other and charge at the optimum rates and capacities.

We are constantly working on improvements for our dealers and end users to facilitate installs, functionality, applications, diagnostics and personal preferences. We know first hand that all of this comes at a cost and potential customers have to decide whether the convenience and service behind our product is worth it in the end. We certainly hope so!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We love talking about product and getting you the info you need to make an educated decision.
Dallas@Eco Battery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 04:57 PM   #70
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMJ View Post
So if I were to connect the negative charger cable to the battery B-, rather than the shunt P-. I will not get to 100%, unless there's a voltage threshold programmed into the gauge. I may have to try that.
That is correct, only if the meter has that feature. I would try it for academic purposes only, the correct way is to have all current in and out through the shunt. That will enable partial charges to be registered.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car