lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2022, 07:15 AM   #11
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Default Re: EZGO RXV Chinese Charger

Ironically enough, that old Mercedes bus and pretty much all the diesel Mercedes Benz cars from the 1970s would still be running today. The 'modern' ones eat transmissions and various other electronic parts in the first 100K miles. Don't even get me started on the ritual of replacing a battery in a BMW.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2022, 08:46 AM   #12
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
Yeah, those little EZGO Delta Q's were designed to be an"unrepairible" throwaway. The more modern ModzMax are nice in that that are capable of turning back on as needed, but are also a throwaway design and no where near as long-lived as the heavy transformer designs. The 5 or 6 p charger may get you a useful charger eventually but can't condition the batteries and will cause you pack to fail before its time. My take has always been that you need the ability for more like 15 amps minimum to desulfate the batteries- an important part of getting proper life from the battery pack. A little trickle charger can't cause the acid to "bubble" and knock the sulfates off the plates.
I am not a sparky person but this is good information.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 12:44 PM   #13
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

This is what you need guys made in the USA and field reviceable....

I have one!!! Am done with plate type chargers..

Look this one over...well worth it!!!

Happy cartin'

https://www.dualpro.com/golf-segment
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 07:15 AM   #14
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

I'm all for that! Unfortunately our customers are cheap as heck and won't spend more than $100 to repair their carts post-2020. That unfortunately means they keep buying replacement QEs and other various Chinesium junk over and over again and don't see how that adds up. The concept of cost over time means nothing to them. That's probably how subscription services got so popular--took advantage of that disability.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 11:11 AM   #15
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Well it is the old adage you get what you pay for ...

It is amazing how many battery packs need replacing due to a
a charger that can't provide the charge a battery pack demands.

It is amazing how many folks don't understand that if you go for the
quality and pay the price ...the result is better battery maintainence
and much longer battery pack life!....And fewer headaches needless to say...

Saving a lot of $$$$ in the long run as well as less pollution!!

Happy cartin'
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 07:27 PM   #16
fjgoober
Not Yet Wild

Thought I would follow up.

Well, I left it on there for at least 24 hours. Went back to play some golf and as I opened the cart shed I could smell sulfur. Lifted the seat and could hear the batteries boiling. I'm pretty hard of hearing so that is saying something.

Pulled it out and played 4 or 5 holes as it was getting dark. It's been consistently over 100 deg F so I haven't been going out until it cools down to at least 100. So I might get 45 minutes to an hour of golf.

When I put the cart up an hour later the batteries were still boiling. Showed 100% charge. Left the charger off and I've played maybe 2 more nights the same way and batteries show 100% and it's peppy.

I think for now I'm going to stick with this charger for awhile and put a timer on the ac side of it. Evidently this thing can't sense the battery voltage.

I will eventually get a USA made charger and quit jacking with this Chinese junk.

Appreciate the feedback/experience from everyone.
fjgoober is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO