lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2022, 10:22 PM   #1
Papas 73Dart
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Click but no go

I am working on a 2000 club car DS REGEN cart. It has two solenoids and the one on driver side has a large external coil. The pack voltage is 50.4 volt. It has a tow run switch and a toggle forward/ reverse switch. The cart doesn’t move at all !
When you turn on the key and step on the throttle you hear almost a click like the solenoid engaging but it clicks right out with 0 movement. It also had a multi step potentiometer. I ran into this on another 2000 DS and after much probing and trying to follow the wiring diagram I was stymied. I can’t find any test procedure’s on line for this model with two solenoids. Any hints would be greatly appreciated
Papas 73Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2022, 06:02 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Click but no go

That is a Regen2 cart and here is your wiring diagram:

http://www.studmonkeyracing.com/forums/48vregen.jpg

If it is the solenoid that clicks, it is most likely defective but more tests are in order.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 09:57 AM   #3
Papas 73Dart
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Both solenoids click but nothing else happens
Papas 73Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 03:21 PM   #4
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

The one with the resister coil is for 1/2 speed reverse. The main solenoid without the resistor should energize in forward and reverse.

I'm presuming you are getting coil voltage to the main solenoid for the following tests and the solenoid is clicking. Jack up the rear of the cart for the following:

1) Connect a VOM across the large terminals on the main solenoid. You should read some voltage, which can vary depending on setup.

2) Put cart in forward and push the pedal. When this solenoid clicks, the voltage should go to zero.

3) Connect the negative VOM lead to pack negative and the positive lead to the large solenoid terminal that goes to pack positive. With no pedal, you should read pack voltage.

4) Leaving the negative lead connected to pack negative, move the positive lead to the other large solenoid terminal. Push the pedal. You should read pack voltage.

Let us know what happens with each test.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car