lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2009, 06:47 PM   #121
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: ez go battery diagram electric

WOW!
I'd say, time to start drinkin'.
The weekend's here and sounds like you're going to be spending most of it just rotating the battery charger from one place to another.
Perhaps you should invest in a Battery Franchise, Lord knows, you could probably use it.
Have a super weekend!
Ciao.....
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2009, 10:12 PM   #122
tia1971
Getting Wild

Well I got the lawn mower started. I called my brother in law and he said the charger I borrowed from him had a jump start button with 75 amps. So I unhooked the lawn mower from my car and hooked it up to the black & decker and it took me less than a minute to get it started. I don't know why those jumper cables were not working right or something.

So after tomorrow it will be more charging time on the golf cart. I guess it will take me all week end so I will post if something good happens with the charging!

Everyone have a good weekend and I will let you know in a few days what the numbers are on the golf cart batteries.
tia1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:37 PM   #123
gaston
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tia1971 View Post
...They had me open up the charger and get some electric tape and tape two of the wires together to by pass the safety thing. (this is actually a RELAY, 2 black wires connected to it) (I know my terms are not technical but I think you all understand.)

So what if I open the charger up and try to charge it with the charger that way? I know it will not cut off either. So I know I will have to watch it very well. Now I think I should stop it when the needles gets in the red area so I could try that if you all think it is a safe thing to do.
hi Tia, been out few days and found 5 more pages on this thread, Scotty loose the thread when he was about to help you to kick on the 36v charger (Powerwise). The charger should come up with 28v so if it is not working it might be a charger problem -sorry- also.

The procedure you describe above is OK but let me help you to do it correctly without risking your life.

First of all, be sure to have the charger disconnected from AC and off the cart too; then you have to open the charger and find a little black box, I know Andy has some picture of this once that has helped many out there and will explain you exactly which wires to put together. The next is a picture I borrowed from his post somewhere I just found (his credit!)

You can check the fuse as described below, probably you have a bad fuse, so do this first, then if you have a good fuse, go ahead with jumping the wires.

After this is done, then plug the charger FIRST to the cart and later to the AC, it will make the charger work and charge your batteries.
Since those batteries are not OK, you will have to monitor this process, you cannot leave the charger on and be gone to work, so the weekend is yours
Let the charger work for several hours (3 to 5), then disconnect FIRST charger from AC and secondly from CART, probably the batteries will get hot but we want the AMMETER needle to go down to 10 - 5 amps.
Do readins of the each battery and the whole pack with and without the charger working.

Let us know how is it going!
gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:43 PM   #124
gaston
Gone Wild

forget to tell you that for checking the fuse you have to set the voltmeter on resistance or diode to check for continuity on the fuse, probably one of your volt meters has those continuity checks with an alarm.
gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:52 PM   #125
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Thank you Gaston I just could not remember which wires got jumped and didn't want to risk giving bad info .... Besides I don't hold too much hope for these batts now They are not responding well to the 12v...... but 2 amps is like nothing to a low batt? Well thank you and we will see

P.S. True battery readings are taken about 45 min after the charger shuts off. Voltage settling will occure .
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:19 PM   #126
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

If you check the fuse and need one just go to a auto store and buy a blade 50 amp fuse. put a spade connector on each blade and wire to the nut and the wire itself. It's cheap and it works fine. Or you can buy a holder for it like the next picture.
I like making a jumper for the two wires and not taping them together.

Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:18 AM   #127
tia1971
Getting Wild

Before the sun when down I had sort of made up my mind to try and tape the wires together again so I took the charger apart to see if I could remember what I did last time. I taped the two wires together but I felt like it was too late to hook the thing up tonight since I knew I could not leave it unattended.

I am a little confused about taking the 50 am reading but I am going to print all the instructions out and read over them several times to make sure I understand it better.

Andy I am going to print you pictures out and get a good look at them tomorrow as well to make sure I try to do it right.

My brother in law said he would try and help me tomorrow afternoon. But as I said before he is not really interested in helping. I have to say he had tried to help me before but he said he is not a mechanic at all and he could not figure it out last time. haha neither am I but i am trying with all of the help from this site!
Old 08-01-2009, 12:27 AM   #128
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Just remember. When you take the cover off there is a black looking cube in the bottom of it. The 2 wires going to it are the ones you tie together. You can charge the batteries up like this but the charger will not cut off automatically. If the batteries are drained down pretty good you will get 6 hrs of charge out of them before you need to be watching them. If they are in good shape and no other problems.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:29 AM   #129
tia1971
Getting Wild

So because I never paid attention to my charger before what should good batteries read on the powerwise? toward the 5 to 10 amp or the 30?

So could there be a chance that my whole problem with my charger is the fuse not really charging the batteries this whole time? And I was thinking it was charged because it cut off and it was really a blown fuse?

My brother in law just called and said if I print all the instructions out he would look them over and and make sure I was doing everything right. So your advise is going to be well used!

That really seems to make since to me if that is possible. Because all I would do is plug the cart up to the powerwise and it seemed to come on and stay on. Hours later I would go out there and it would have cut off like it had a complete charge. So maybe it cut off because of the fuse. Thus not have enough charge in the batteries for more than the 15 to 20 minutes of run time on the golf cart. Also and why I continued to have the problem all of a sudden with my first batteries, then the used batteries, and then the new batteries. I never really took any voltage. I never knew to really do all of this before.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:20 AM   #130
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

When you checked the batteries before if the fuse was blown the charger wouldn't come on.
Now with the charger pluged up and charging take a volt meter and put it on the 2 batteries the charger is connected to in the cart. You should see 42 or so volts on them while charging @ least maybe more depending on the batteries.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO