lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2019, 12:55 PM   #11
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Default Re: My G2 Build

Brown Santa showed up early today!! One of the perks of having a home office I suppose, you get to open your toys as soon as they arrive!

Now I am really excited for the rest of my parts to show up!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (184.8 KB, 0 views)
J-ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2019, 01:23 PM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-ROB View Post
Brown Santa showed up early today!! One of the perks of having a home office I suppose, you get to open your toys as soon as they arrive!

Now I am really excited for the rest of my parts to show up!
nice. I like the vintage gold wheels. Those look huge compared to the cart lol. I've got a vintage 1985 4wheeler with gold wheels. That was a big thing back in the 80's

Cant wait to see how this all turns out for you. Are you going to leave it white or paint it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191031_162253.jpg (561.1 KB, 0 views)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 02:21 PM   #13
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Hey CP, they do look gold, but are actually Desert Tan color. I was shocked at how big they are too! I had only been holding a tape measure up next to the cart seeing what 22" high looked like, but didn't take into account how much larger overall they were from stock!

My buddy has a custom graphics company, he has graciously offered to help me wrap it as long as I buy the material (at his discount through his vendor). I spent the first 10 years of my life in the military so I think it may be getting an Olive Drab Green wrap. I'll use the Desert Tan and flat black for the rest of the pieces and parts I throw at it. At leas that's the plan right now. First order of business is to get it back together once all the parts show up and enjoy it as a white cart for a bit!
Old 11-15-2019, 08:01 AM   #14
grantspec
Getting Wild

Nice find! I have a g9. The rear seat kit I used was made by “Gusto” and was purchased on amazon. Here is a pic...

You will need some heavier springs in the back to support the weight. I am running some springs that I got from McMaster Carr. I have a thread and I believe I put the part numbers in there.

Looking forward to seeing how the OD green wrap turns out. Keep the pics coming!
grantspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 03:05 PM   #15
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Hey grantspec, that's a good looking G9! edit: what size tires are those?

Thanks for the tip on the rear seat and rear shocks. I kinda figured I would need some heavier duty shocks back there. My friend put a rear seat on his cart and did nothing to the shocks, it can be a little scary if he corners too fast!

I'll check out your thread to see what shocks you went with, I can't believe how much shocks cost for these carts from other cart websites!
Old 11-15-2019, 03:22 PM   #16
grantspec
Getting Wild

Thank you! The wheels are 14" and tires are 23"

I am using the stock shocks with heavier springs and it rides great. Plenty stiff with two adults on back. The springs from mcmaster carr were around $40 shipped and I hit them with some red spray paint. Several other forum members have used the same springs. It is a little bit of a paint removing the old springs and installing the new ones but worth saving some $$.
grantspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 04:45 PM   #17
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

I agree, $40 is much much better than $200!
Old 11-15-2019, 04:47 PM   #18
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

The tires I ordered are 22" so hopefully I won't have to do any trimming!
Old 11-17-2019, 08:44 AM   #19
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Got most of the way done with the front suspension last night. The front would have been finished if it weren't for AllSports lackluster instructions that are provided. I mean seriously they could have provided 1 more sheet of paper to better describe and illustrate how the steering risers attach. No mention of having to drill an extra hole in the steering knuckle. Or an illustration or template of how and where to drill? No torque specs? No instructions for the G2 or G9 owners on how to install the rear shock spacers? I can tell there will be drilling involved there as well, but not sure where just yet.

Anyone have any tips on doing the rear portion of the lift?

Anyways enough griping about AllSports instructions. The front portion of the lift seems well designed and well built, so I am happy about that, and also pretty happy with how tall its going to be.

Here's a few progress pictures. Hope to add a few more later today with the whole cart lifted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (174.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 9.jpg (107.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 10.jpg (114.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-17-2019, 12:40 PM   #20
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Making progress!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11.jpg (224.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 12.jpg (211.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 13.jpg (210.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 14.jpg (206.2 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha