lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #21
WKC
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Automatic Charging

the Serial # is A9719-571125 that makes it a 1997 cart and yes I have looked at Lester chargers and Protec c also a Soneil and of course the Delta but they all claim to be the best etc... Then like I said if it is not possable to fix and mount this charger in the Cart and keep it from getting wet then I almost have to use a aftermarket unit that will be totally automatic and mount it on the Cart if I can't make this unit totally self contained and reliable for her I might as well sell it and start over with something that can be made to work I purchased this 1 because it has the enclosure lights and is a quality Cart I thought that Club Cars were some of the best made but I might have been misinformed again so where do we start I gave you the serial number and told you that in the charger the opnly thing changed is the circut breaker and that it charges but does not shut off completely. K C
WKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2012, 10:04 PM   #22
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Club Car is a quality product. It's the absolute best golf car in the world. Ok you've got a 1997 DS Golf car. Next question. Is this a Regen or a Series configuration? You can tell this by looking at the F&R Switch. Is it a Lever? or is it a Rocker?

As for your charger. The bypassed circuit breaker doesn't do a thing for the charger other than turn it into a fire hazard. Buy a new circuit breaker and install it. Under normal circumstances you should plug the charger in and within 2-10 seconds you should hear the relay in the charger emit a "Click". Is this happening? Or is the click heard Immediately when the plug is inserted?
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:11 AM   #23
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Let's back up a little bit and I'll walk you through this.... step by step and we'll figure out the problem. I 100% guarantee it...... First question, what year is the vehicle? Serial number?

EDIT: Stay away from aftermarket chargers. They work fine for some, but the Lester PowerDrive chargers are awesome units and I highly recommend staying with that.
david that was the point i was tring to make, and i thinks thats why no one reccomends one...............i agree stay with what works best but there has to be a reason if its not shutting off regardless of year and model.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:31 AM   #24
WKC
Getting Wild

Club Car

First the F/R is a lever and like I stated I know that the Breaker does nothing as far as changing the charger goes and I have installed a in line fuse they went into the front of the charger where the breaker was it just un screws and you remove the fuse I have them and again you need to remember that this project is bottom shelf as far as money goes I am doing this for my disabled sister but I also am disabled also {wreck}and money is real tight I saved for 3 years to get enough money to purchase this cart and don't have it in the budget to replace the charger and batteries to begin with everything was supposed to work perfect I test drove the cart and plugged in the charger it appeared to work like it should and the Batteries were supposed to be good so I load it on my trailer and take it home to do the mods for her that is when I discovered the Faulty Charger and bad Batteries {they look like new greased fittings etc..} the mods I have saved for are simple things that don't cost much it has lights and the enclosure I need to install<> Seat Belts/Turn Signals/flags/and a 12 Volt heater I have a 12 volt Battery to install and a tinkle charger to keep the heater separate from the cart batteries then of course go through the brakes and Paint it Bright Yellow<> and that was it I don't have anything in the budget for Battery Chargers and Batteries it might take me another 1 to 11/2 years to save that kind of money so if I start to get snippy or sound angry please don't take it personal its just that I had good intentions and thought I was buying one of the best made carts there are I just did not think it not working as they said but her kids really did not pay attention to her and maybe did not know the charger did not work correctly I think her son knew because he is the 1 that gave me the Paul Harvey sorry about the charger having a jump wire ok I am done wining I will let you know about whether or not there is a delay or not but I think there is not it clicks right off but I will confirm it when I load test the Batteries today
Thanks again for the help K C...
Old 02-15-2012, 09:01 AM   #25
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I understand... Just answer my questions one by one and I'll figure out exactly what you need to do.... Let me know what you find.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:49 AM   #26
WKC
Getting Wild

Club Car

David the F/R unit is a Lever and it takes about 7-8 seconds for the click to happen I hope this is good news!
K C
Old 02-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #27
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Yes, definitely good news. This means your On-Board Computer is communicating properly with your charger. It's telling it to turn on and charge the batteries. What does the gauge on the charger do when it clicks? Does it jump up to 10+ amps or does it stay on 0?
Old 02-15-2012, 10:43 AM   #28
WKC
Getting Wild

Club Car

It jumps up to 10 amps or so and then starts falling off the other day when I ran the 16 hr test they were close to dead it jumped to 10 then after oh about 1 he I checked it and it was doing a steady 2 amp charge and then of course when I checked it in the moring it was on 0 andthe charger was just humming for lack of a better word I could feel it vibrate because it was hard to hear.

K C...
Old 02-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #29
WKC
Getting Wild

Club Car

I have questions about the Batteries and how they affect the charging also first off all of the add on's electrical are on 1 battery and not spread out for a balanced load. I have 3 battery's that are at 8 volts and don't move the needle on my meter when I put a 10 amp constant load to it{I made a load tester from a coil out of a electric heater my old 1 got lost in the fire and I never replaced it but this does the same thing} then the other 3 are 2 at 7 and 1 at 7.5 and when loaded they don't seem to draw down fast either so I know that the old woman that owned this did not connect the charger correctly and put full charges in the battery's and the terminal ends are corroded so I am wondering if I dump out all of them into a plastic tub I have flush them out to remove sediment in the bottom and refill them half full and do the Salt and distilled water thing then put them on a 12 volt charger like it says to do and see if they won't come out of it. Or is this a bunch of B/S and I need to replace 3 battery's if so who has the best deal on them or who sells the best ones all of the ones in it are NAPA so any suggestion's here? K C..
Old 02-15-2012, 11:11 AM   #30
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

your saying everything is hooked to one 8 volt battery? ......what add ons does the cart have?........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car