lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.



Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2014, 09:49 PM   #11
1989Marathon
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,730
Default Re: 1989 ezgo rough running

Check clutches and motor mounts...
Belt should be 1-3/16" wide. Not sure of the length.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Old 09-02-2014, 07:21 PM   #12
rabar4
Getting Wild
 
rabar4's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 104
Default Re: 1989 ezgo rough running

Belt was 1 3/16 right on the nose. Driven clutch looked good to me. Didn't see any big signs. Drive clutch has one "pin" that the weight is forces up against when spun that appears to be a bit worn. Is there a rebuild for the drive clutch? Also just as u said both rubber engine mounts in the rear are wore out for sure. Not sure how u seen that from my video but great call !! Didn't have much time to totally remove mount. Do I need to remove by drilling out the pop rivets ?
rabar4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:27 PM   #13
1989Marathon
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,730
Default Re: 1989 ezgo rough running

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabar4 View Post
Belt was 1 3/16 right on the nose. Driven clutch looked good to me. Didn't see any big signs. Drive clutch has one "pin" that the weight is forces up against when spun that appears to be a bit worn. Is there a rebuild for the drive clutch? Also just as u said both rubber engine mounts in the rear are wore out for sure. Not sure how u seen that from my video but great call !! Didn't have much time to totally remove mount. Do I need to remove by drilling out the pop rivets ?
I didn't see the mounts in the video. I just saw the motor moving way too much. Are the rubber mounts torn through and not doing their job? Yes, drill out the rivets to remove the mounts.
I don't know of any rebuild kits for the stock clutch.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:48 PM   #14
rabar4
Getting Wild
 
rabar4's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 104
Default Re: 1989 ezgo rough running

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989Marathon View Post
I didn't see the mounts in the video. I just saw the motor moving way too much. Are the rubber mounts torn through and not doing their job? Yes, drill out the rivets to remove the mounts.
I don't know of any rebuild kits for the stock clutch.
Yep torn through. Center not even attached. Man looking at the inside parts of that drive clutch one would think u could replace some parts pretty easily. Bad mounts could be reason for belt not climbing to top of clutch you thinking? Back to ordering parts i go lol. Anything else I should be checking out before i place another order ? Thanks again for all your Responses 89
rabar4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:51 PM   #15
1989Marathon
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,730
Default Re: 1989 ezgo rough running

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabar4 View Post
Yep torn through. Center not even attached. Man looking at the inside parts of that drive clutch one would think u could replace some parts pretty easily. Bad mounts could be reason for belt not climbing to top of clutch you thinking? Back to ordering parts i go lol. Anything else I should be checking out before i place another order ? Thanks again for all your Responses 89
Check the 4 bolts that mount the motor to the cradle. Also check for cracked welds in the engine cradle just ahead of the rubber mounts(on the two cross tubes). It's a weak spot for you freaks that like to go fast.
New rubber mounts should fix the issue.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:04 PM   #16
rabar4
Getting Wild
 
rabar4's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 104
Default Re: 1989 ezgo rough running

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989Marathon View Post
Check the 4 bolts that mount the motor to the cradle. Also check for cracked welds in the engine cradle just ahead of the rubber mounts(on the two cross tubes). It's a weak spot for you freaks that like to go fast.
New rubber mounts should fix the issue.
haha. im not a go fast freak................. yet but with your help I will get there
rabar4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:08 PM   #17
1989Marathon
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,730
Default Re: 1989 ezgo rough running

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabar4 View Post
haha. im not a go fast freak................. yet but with your help I will get there
I don't like alot of power or speed...

Make sure you check the welds.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:08 PM   #18
rabar4
Getting Wild
 
rabar4's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 104
Default Re: 1989 ezgo rough running

im on it.
haha. im not a go fast freak................. yet but with your help I will get there
rabar4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:12 PM   #19
rabar4
Getting Wild
 
rabar4's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 104
Default Re: 1989 ezgo rough running

no problem checking welds here. im a welding engineer. one thing I can do is weld.
rabar4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:14 PM   #20
1989Marathon
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,730
Default Re: 1989 ezgo rough running

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabar4 View Post
no problem checking welds here. im a welding engineer. one thing I can do is weld.
Cool. Let me know what you find.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
g2a running really rough Gas Yamaha
running rough Gas Columbia ParCar
G9 running rough Gas Yamaha
'86 running rough Gas EZGO
G16 running rough Gas Yamaha


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:05 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This Website and forum is the property of Buggiesgonewild.com. No material may be taken or duplicated in part or full without prior written consent of the owners of buggiesgonewild.com. 2006-2017 Buggiesgonewild.com. All rights reserved.