lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2015, 08:47 AM   #201
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New xct400pds

Solid information as always JohnnieB. I am not a proponent of squeezing every last rpm out a motor. Generally I prefer to error on the safe side and let the customer enjoy long reliable service which is why I leave the controls set at default 6000 rpm. The cart is already traveling at 2Xs the designed speed now. The ES 76-51 produces all the speed I am comfortable recommending.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2015, 09:34 AM   #202
culli292
Getting Wild
Club Car

My tires measured 19.8 inches actual at 28 psi.

I have the disease where I like to push things to their limits!

I am yet to plug my laptop in but how do I tell if the XCT is in hunting buggy mode and if turbo is turned on?

Scotty, do you have the ES 76-51 in stock?

Last edited by culli292; 09-21-2015 at 09:38 AM.. Reason: Typo
culli292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:27 AM   #203
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by culli292 View Post

I have the disease where I like to push things to their limits!

I am yet to plug my laptop in but how do I tell if the XCT is in hunting buggy mode and if turbo is turned on?

Scotty, do you have the ES 76-51 in stock?

The ES 76-51 is a custom motor. Usually shipped in 1-2 days.
Your control is set to hunting mode and turbo on.
It is set to maximum safe performance.
The controller field map will not need changing for this motor.

The line between limit and over the limit is thin and gray. Changing the program could result in damage to the motor.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:31 AM   #204
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Solid information as always JohnnieB. I am not a proponent of squeezing every last rpm out a motor. Generally I prefer to error on the safe side and let the customer enjoy long reliable service which is why I leave the controls set at default 6000 rpm. The cart is already traveling at 2Xs the designed speed now. The ES 76-51 produces all the speed I am comfortable recommending.
Actually, I'm a proponent of maximum efficiency rather than squeezing every last RPM out of a motor, but we do have a different opinion about what the max sustainable RPM is.

For me, the limiting factor is cart speed rather than motor RPM. With a short wheelbase and narrow track, my cart is too unstable to drive at speeds much above 25 MPH, which is about 6200 RPM with my 17" tires. If I had taller tires or a numerically lower gear ratio, I'd still limit the RPM to something that equates to roughly 25 MPH.

I'm not sure if a ES-76-51 would spin faster than 6000 RPM in culli292's cart (42V battery pack, diamond plate floor, rear seat and 20" tires), but it would definitely be quicker off the line and not slow as much on the hills.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:38 AM   #205
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by culli292 View Post
<snip>
That equates to 28.4 MPH at 6000 RPM.

Plug in your laptop and save the monitor data to a file.

Then you can see how fast you are spinning the stock PDS motor.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:52 AM   #206
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Let me explain this another way.

Car & Driver reports your new car does 0-60mph in 6 seconds & goes 117 mph top speed.
Is this the way the warranty holder (manufacture) is going to recommend you drive?
Old 09-21-2015, 11:48 AM   #207
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:

Car & Driver reports your new car does 0-60mph in 6 seconds & goes 117 mph top speed.
Is this the way the warranty holder (manufacture) is going to recommend you drive?
I'd probably install a K&N air filter and a low restriction exhaust system to knock a tenth or so off the 0-60 ET and change the chip in the fuel management computer to one that doesn't limit the top speed to 117 MPH.

Of course, once I had the car operating more efficiently, I'd drive it in a manner that gave me good gas mileage and stay within the posted speed limit.

Humor aside, please note that I didn't suggest making any changes, I just suggested recording the data to see what the stock PDS motor was spinning at.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:56 PM   #208
culli292
Getting Wild
Club Car

I agree with all things stated. My profession requires that we perform right at the brink of overload but that we do not cross it if at all possible. When we do cross it we take note and adjust on the next go-around. This is why our country is the greatest. I live being risk aware and not risk averse.

I will have to plug this thing into the laptop and see what rpm it is actually spinning at before I move forward. I won't be doing that today as we just had our third child last night. I know I know, I have been discussing my golf cart while laying in the hospital with the wife and new baby!
culli292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 02:16 PM   #209
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Congrats on the new addition.
Old 09-21-2015, 02:33 PM   #210
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:

Not sure, but i am sure your insurance company does not
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alltrax;400;500;pds
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO