lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
kyerik
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Proper driven clutch operation on hill- exactly how does your cart climb hills?

I have a 1990 marathon with 3 pg 2 cycle engine and functioning governor.

I have been considering buying a "power spring" for my driven clutch. When I go from full speed flat ground to a slight to moderate uphill grade, the engine slows down to about 60-70% of max rpms and the ground speed slows down to 1/4th of what it was (the driven clutch does close up somewhat). It seems like the engine should still stay at max rpms and only the ground speed should decrease.

So, here's my question- when you begin to climb a long moderate hill with the gas pedal all the way to the floor (about 4000rpms), does your engine slow down considerably as the hill gets steeper? Or do the engine rpms stay really high- just like when you started up the hill?

I realize that the ground speed will decrease as you climb the hill- I am more interested in what happens to your engine speed as you climb the hill.

By "moderate hill", I am referring to a hill like you could drive up with a car- something like a long steep driveway or a long steep street.

Your info will help me to decide if my cart will benefit from a power spring or if it is behaving as it should.
kyerik is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO