lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2015, 11:45 AM   #11
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Here is a preview of the XCT400PDS controller.

Scotty, is this the DCS/PDS version of SPM? Alltrax got it right with SPM, maybe this will be the same.
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2015, 12:36 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New xct400pds

Quote:
Tell her there's a shoe sale across town... Then swap swap the controller out.
I told her it would make the cart more docile and easier for her to drive.

Looks like Alltrax need to do a little work on the screen layouts in the Toolkit.
There is an unreadable line between the Model: and the Serial:. (My guess is Revision: 1)
Also, on the Throttle Settings screen, there is a column to the right of the graph that is probably labeled "Linearized Throttle Position (%)", but label is truncated and cropped.

Also noted that the Pre-Charge resistor has been eliminated from the schematics in the paper copy of the Operators Manual and mentioned in the text. Looks like they need to update the documents on their website also.

FWIW: They explain in the manual's text that the pre-charge is done via the Run/Tow switch. (One question that I was going to ask Alltrax crossed off my list. )

Also discovered that the scroll wheel on the mouse will change settings, so we will have to be very careful not to make unintentional changes when programming.

----------
When powered from a computer via a USB connection, The LED blinks green four times, pauses and repeats. Four blinks is for ITS throttle type, but without all of the high current cables and control harness plugs connected, it isn't ready for operation, so (hopefully) that is why it doesn't go to steady green.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Initial Controller tab - top.jpg (114.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Initial Controller tab - bottom.jpg (109.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Initial Throttle Settings.jpg (121.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 01:02 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The scroll button will change settings if you click on a line item but - those changes are lost when you change page or close the program unless you click save & wait for the save button to return to original color before proceeding .
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 03:27 PM   #14
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

jb, try changing the resolution of your computer screen. Sometimes when developers write the code to display pages they forget there are other resolutions out there and stuff gets cropped. Read that as they set a page width for the popup window with no scroll bars and the text is too large to fit in that window..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 06:44 AM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
jb, try changing the resolution of your computer screen. Sometimes when developers write the code to display pages they forget there are other resolutions out there and stuff gets cropped. Read that as they set a page width for the popup window with no scroll bars and the text is too large to fit in that window..
You may be right. I'll try some other screen resolutions and send some feedback to Alltrax.

I'm in my verify and validate mode with the controller, manuals and programming toolkit, so I'll be picking nits.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:18 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I bought a PDS golf cart. I think it needs an upgrade
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00I0I_k0XflgUVcEQ_600x450.jpg (35.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-30-2015, 12:41 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Okay cart's home and I'm looking at the install for JohnnieB who did not get the optional mounting adapter. I'm almost certain that after he sees this post he will be saying "optional my arse!" based on his messages.

I wanted some pics for the net so I cheated. I pulled a stock TXT heat sink controller mount unit from the shelf for these pics. So no upside down dark pics. I have 2 of the Universal mount sold by Alltrax, thanks to my friend Ron who put 2 XCT controls in his buddies' Yamahas but, made his own aluminum mount on his own CNC. He did a beautiful job too.

So enough jabber - on to the pics which tell the rest of the story and - yes Johnnie, your mount is flying out of CA tonight via priority mail
Attached Images
File Type: jpg install 1.jpg (191.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg install 2.jpg (89.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg install 3.jpg (185.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg install 4.jpg (158.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-30-2015, 07:50 PM   #18
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Nice.

Now we have to figure out how and where to mount the solenoid.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:18 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Nice.

Now we have to figure out how and where to mount the solenoid.
I know! I was gonna ask you what u did .... I have an idea but, will have to wait till Sunday afternoon when I can find time to look at this again.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:36 AM   #20
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I know! I was gonna ask you what u did .... I have an idea but, will have to wait till Sunday afternoon when I can find time to look at this again.
In the original XCT installation, I used the stock PDS solenoid mounting bracket and mounted it in the same place I'd mounted it with the DCX500, which was now in the empty space below the XCT due to the XCT being mounted horizontally at the very top of the heatsink.

What comes to mind is using a couple of longer 1/4-20 bolts attaching the XCT to the mounting adapter and mount a flat piece on metal an inch or so wide and about 6" wide on those two threaded studs, sandwiched between jam-nuts to hold it sufficiently high above the controller for wiring access. The mount the solenoid on the piece of flat metal.

If flattened and trimmed, the bracket I'm now using might work.

----------

I see what might be an air flow issue in the way the XCT is mounted in the picture you posted.

Hot air rises and from what I can tell, the optional fan would be at the top end, blowing downward, against the natural convection flow.

Fortunately, it looks like the fan can be taken out of its shroud and reinstalled so it draws air upwards.

Tags
alltrax;400;500;pds
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO