lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2009, 06:03 PM   #1
beamcowboy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Unhappy No Spark 97 DS

Just got this project cart to build/bond with my daughters. I've learned so much today going thru these threads but I still get no spark. Cart has no keyswitch so I put jumper from sol. blue to hot side of 12 volt batt. and jumped orange wire on sol. to chassis and it spins over but no spark in spark tester
beamcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2009, 11:23 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: No Spark 97 DS

Can you tell us what cart you have? micro switchs work both the actuation of the solenoid and the grounding of the coil.

Oops!, just saw the 97 DS part. but in my defense, I wasn't looking for it where it was...........
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:18 AM   #3
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum beamcowboy.............
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:25 AM   #4
beamcowboy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you. This cart is a beast, it was a wheelchair transporter, I ... WE are going to lift it, add mudders and soup it up a little (or lot). We live in the middle of Mudders Paradise and I want something my girls and I can "git muddy" on. I tried to bypass the whole keyswitch by putting a jumper to the blue side of the solinoid and then jumping the orange side to ground. It spins over but I dont have spark in my attached spark tester. From what I picked out of spending all day readin this forum I thinkin ignition coil just haven't taken side cover off engine. MY BAD FOR PUTTIN 97 ds at top and not in main content, it's AG9752- so almost 98. Thanx again, this place is awesome, You guys know your caca, I'm impressed
Old 01-11-2009, 10:17 AM   #5
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

why not fix teh keyswitch and go from there? with kids you should have it working as a safety feature anyway!

-Aaron
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:17 AM   #6
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

yeah,welcome to BGW
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:51 AM   #7
beamcowboy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Oh I am fixing the keyswitch ASAP, I just cant dittybop down the street and pick one up, Right now I am just trying to make it RUN and then I'll go from there. I was just wondering, do I NEED to supply power to the blue side of the coil ?
Old 01-11-2009, 12:10 PM   #8
ClubCarCowboy
Not Yet Wild

just tackled the no spark marathon myself. I would go straight to the coil, less expensive but hard to get to. then check out the ignitor and voltage reg. also the rev limiter can be trashed.
ClubCarCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:25 PM   #9
beamcowboy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanx, that is the direction I am headin. I thought if I supplied power to the solonoid it would bypass all micros and keyswitch and everything to just let it start then I could be backtrackin thru switches. I'll get my daughter to help get some pics up, this is gonna be a ride ( I'm a little computer-challenged )
Old 01-11-2009, 02:32 PM   #10
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamcowboy View Post
Thanx, that is the direction I am headin. I thought if I supplied power to the solonoid it would bypass all micros and keyswitch and everything to just let it start then I could be backtrackin thru switches. I'll get my daughter to help get some pics up, this is gonna be a ride ( I'm a little computer-challenged )
Don't buy a coil yet!
There should be two micros,one on top of the other, in a black plastic box under the seat drivers side.
When you push the pedal, a cam closes the top micro to energize the coil at the same time the bottom micro opens to remove the "short" that kills the coil when you stop.
Bypassing the micro or jumping the solenoid will get it to turn over because that micro is a "NO" or normally open switch.
The other micro under the NO micro that is a NC or normally closed micro. that's the one you can check.
Before you buy a coil, unplug the "one" wire that comes from the harrness at the lower front of the motor that kills the coil. Doing this will determine if you have a bad ignition or if you have aproblem in the kill circuit of the cart.
Hope all this ramble'in helps. Mitch

crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car