lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2007, 12:15 AM   #21
Monster Cart
Getting Wild

Yamaha

What is that? is that a single cylinder? Like 12 -13 HP, Powering a Barstool with that, lol, Just kiddin,
Monster Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2007, 12:28 AM   #22
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

13hp, no bar stools, I don't drink.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 06:58 PM   #23
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

OK, I just took some time from my busy schedule to go down to the shop and look at this engine a little closer. I am almost certain that my muffler will work with it, and I don't think the breather hose is a big deal. The biggest problem I think I'll even encounter will be mounting the starter/generator, but I don't even think that will be a huge deal. I think I'm going to wait until next Saturday (as in the next one in line) to start on this project. A week of 50 degree temperatures *should* take this snow outta here fairly quickly and get all muddy to give me an excuse to stop riding the cart and start working on it.
And upon thinking about it, almost so stupid one shouldn't have to think, that "rattle" when turning it over is the oil dipper for the splash lube. DOH!

Xtreme, did you opt for a pedal start or key start? I am keeping my pedal start, but I was wondering if you were doing that or a key start setup.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:29 PM   #24
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

I went with the key start. I like to be able to let the engine idle and it should also be better for the engine then pedal start.
Xtreme Cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 05:33 PM   #25
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

I just got back in from working on taking a few things apart on the existing FE290, and I took a few pictures. Much to my surprise, I didn't encounted any difficulties. Heck, the muffler bearings weren't even seized. But anyway, here are a few pictures.

I got the air box, breather hose, and gas line off.

Here I got the starter mounts off but one thing is still holding it, the adjuster, so I'll wait until the whole unit comes off to get that because the clutch is in the way.

Here is the exhaust system, this will probably see a coat of new paint before it goes back in.

Here is the air box, breather hose, air filter (I REALLY need a new one), breather outlet cover, and tie-down strap.

Here is the air box as it is supposed to exist. It is full of baffles.

Here is the baffle system that is in the air box. As you can see, air flow is VERY restricted through this system.

And the air box as it shall go back, everything will be washed spotless though before going back.

The breather hose adaptor on the carburetor came off and after some examination, it should go right onto the new engine. I don't know how I did it, or if I just had a stroke of luck, but the gaskets for both that and the exhaust came off perfectly, so I won't have to buy new ones.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:11 PM   #26
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Are you going to drop the swing arm out for the engine swap?? Something to
consider, your muffler is probably as restricted as your air box was. You will
be trying to squeeze more exhaust through it.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:16 PM   #27
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

I'll probably do that, but I am really not in much of a shape to do any of that right now. I was more-or-less tinkering this evening, but yes, I will drop it out to actually mount the new engine. I may do a few other things while I'm in the shop, but they will not be disclosed at this time..............
Old 02-20-2007, 06:34 PM   #28
4x4 CC
Frog Hunter

Club Car

ahhhhhhhhh, grasshopper, how secretive you may be....
4x4 CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 07:15 PM   #29
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Ok then.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:37 AM   #30
old army
Gone Wild

NO NO you have too take another week off from school and finish this so I will know what problems I may run into
old army is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!