lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-29-2012, 10:25 PM   #1
mike733
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Melex 625E 1999 Won't move

Just picked it up not running but in decent shape Batteries were dead
Put 6 new Crown CR220's in it with new 1/0 cables on all batteries. Wired as per the diagram on the inner fender. when I make the last connection the backup beeper goes off. key is off and in neutral. Tried to move it forwarded or reverse but it just nudges. Could something be wired wrong or something other than the batteries be broken?
Thanks Mike
mike733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2012, 11:00 PM   #2
mike733
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Melex 625E 1999 Won't move

Ok I took out the shifter switch and cleaned it all up. One of the micro switches needed some adjustment. I rewired the motor with bigger cables and herd a crunching noise while tightening on of the bottom nuts on the motor. The stud moved and is now a little loose in the motor. Cart runs fine in forward(still on jack stands) but only a click when switched to reverse. Do you think I should pull the motor or is it something else wrong?
Old 12-07-2012, 12:52 AM   #3
BumbleBee
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike733 View Post
Ok I took out the shifter switch and cleaned it all up. One of the micro switches needed some adjustment. I rewired the motor with bigger cables and herd a crunching noise while tightening on of the bottom nuts on the motor. The stud moved and is now a little loose in the motor. Cart runs fine in forward(still on jack stands) but only a click when switched to reverse. Do you think I should pull the motor or is it something else wrong?
sounds like something inside the motor broke. i would pull it and see what the inside of the motor looks like
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I Don't think it is a motor problem. If the motor works in forward it should work in reverse. IS this a series drive system? Double check the F&R and it's micro switches.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #5
mike733
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

I changed the insulator in the motor but still no reverse. It does not always go in forward, but if I back off the switch a little it will go. I did find or in the process of checking broke the wire on a resistor??? that connects the 2 lugs on the solenoid. It also looks a little burned. I will try to find a replacement. I did have the F/R switch out to try to clean and tighten. I believe the micro switches are working correctly. Any other ideas?
Thanks
Mike
Old 12-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #6
mike733
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

What is a series drive system?
Old 12-08-2012, 12:17 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike733 View Post
I changed the insulator in the motor but still no reverse. It does not always go in forward, but if I back off the switch a little it will go. I did find or in the process of checking broke the wire on a resistor??? that connects the 2 lugs on the solenoid. It also looks a little burned. I will try to find a replacement. I did have the F/R switch out to try to clean and tighten. I believe the micro switches are working correctly. Any other ideas?
Thanks
Mike
This may be the problem right here. Intermittent F&R contacts? Series is the type of drive system you have.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:25 PM   #8
mike733
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Can I repair the switch or does it need to be replaced?
Old 12-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #9
mike733
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Ok I got it. It was the switch. I took it out took it completely apart, cleaned and put it back together. Now it works. I think it wan not completely making contact. not enough spring pressure. Thank you Now I can start on the Mods. fab a Rear seat I might make a lift and paint or wrap.

Thank you for all your help.

I still don't know what the resister looking thing is that was jumped across the terminals on the solenoid. It is currently not connected.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:09 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The resistor and diode need to be in place on any Solid state cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resistor & Diode instruction01.jpg (232.4 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex