lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2008, 12:34 PM   #1
MCR
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default I need more amps!

I'm sooooooo happy to have found you guys! I have probably one of the most complicated carts every constructed and am constantly running into issues that have to be over come. My biggest issue currently is my charging system. Let me fill you in on what is in this concoction. I have a sound system with 1500 watt amp 3-10" subs and 4-6x9's I have small 12 volt water pump used to dispense jagermiester at the bar in rear compartment, 1000 watt inverter to run "e" wire neon and 15 LCD TV, 60 LED modules for lighting signage, heated seats sometimes and I might have missed one or 2 other things. Obviously, this is an extremely high hurdle to jump, but I've been doing pretty well with 4 BLUE-TOP optima. I had to replace the last month and went with Interstates Marine batteries and I don't seem to be lasting as long as I was before. I am thinking that I may need to replace the starter/Gen. It's been a little over 2-years since last replaced. Local dealer wants $320. Found them aftermarket for $149.00. Think these are ok? and is there a way to beef-up the output on the Gen side? This is my first post and I hope I to have found the support I need! Thanks everyone!
MCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2008, 05:48 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: I need more amps!

well 1st off welcome....now keep in mind you get what you pay for so that being said i would a good generator shop and explaine this to them and see if they can indeed beef it up.....i don,t see why they can,t and it never hurts to ask, can you post a pic of this cart it sure sounds like you have a ton of stuff runing off of it...............good luck and let us know...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:12 PM   #3
MCR
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks Tom...I assume a start and alt. shop is where to go? I'll try that tomorrow.....What if I could somehow fab. in an additional start/gen in-line on the same belt? I tried an alternator but it seem to kill my motor.

I uploaded some pics earlier today in my profile.....I am working on redoing my web-site as we speak so I can't insert any links. Let me know if for some reason you aren't able view my albums.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...charlotte.html
MCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:30 PM   #4
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Kool!
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:52 AM   #5
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I'm moving to Charlotte.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
altenator, charging
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car