lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2016, 11:52 AM   #11
Sean5545
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Low speed chugging

Sorry I didn't see your eBay link....yeah that's the one...if you were to buy a new one for whatever reason don't buy off eBay....they don't give any kind of warranty usually and I know a guy who had one throw its weights after an hour with no help from the seller
Sean5545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2016, 12:24 PM   #12
Jack Straw
Not Yet Wild

Thank you Sean!
Jack Straw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 01:24 PM   #13
Jack Straw
Not Yet Wild

Haven't had a chance to look at it yet but if I do need to remove it will I need a clutch puller?
Old 08-06-2016, 02:23 PM   #14
Sean5545
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Technically yes.....mine had the removal threads stripped and I had to use a custom made steel bar and hit it off from behind in such a way that I wasn't going to damage the belt pulley. I've heard of other guys using water and a bolt from lowes to use water pressure to make it pop but never tried it....also heard of using threaded rod and a bolt to make it pop off, again never tried it...maybe some of the other guys can weigh in but in short the proper answer is yes you should use the ez go puller
Old 08-06-2016, 02:59 PM   #15
Jack Straw
Not Yet Wild

And one other question Sean, when I replace this spring, what color would you think I need? I'll be driving this mostly at low speed (5-7 mph) on flat ground only with as much as a 500 lb load. Stick with the stock pink? Appreciate your help on this.
Old 08-06-2016, 03:34 PM   #16
Sean5545
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Well the stronger the spring the higher the engine rpm to get the cart moving and more torque, me personally I would stick with pink As it has the lowest rpm engagement at 43 pounds
Old 08-06-2016, 04:21 PM   #17
Jack Straw
Not Yet Wild

Thanks again!
Old 08-06-2016, 05:53 PM   #18
Sean5545
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sure thing...let us know how you make out
Old 08-07-2016, 08:41 PM   #19
Jack Straw
Not Yet Wild

Well Sean it appears it's not a clutch problem at all. I took it out without the seat on to view the clutches and it looks like they are working fine. It is in fact the engine that is chugging below 6 mph. It backfires a bit too. The carb, pistons and rings are all new. I'm at a loss here.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:54 PM   #20
Jack Straw
Not Yet Wild

Found this from another thread. My throttle cable is pretty hammered so I've ordered a new one. One thing it doesn't have is a spring on the cable at the carb. May help. - When you take your foot off the gas, the cable should pull your carburetor closed.

"Stepping on the gas should do two things. It makes contact with the microswitch on the pedal to activate the solenoid.

It also makes the throttle cable longer. It should slide through the slot in the throttle lever on the carburetor. The carb has a spring that opens the lever by itself.

You will see in the pictures that my cable has a small spring from an ink pen slid over the end.

That spring makes sure that the switch makes contact before the carb opens. It prevents backfiring, and gives a smooth throttle response for slow operation.

If you are holding your foot on the brake, it sounds like you don't have that throttle response."
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO