lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2017, 06:46 PM   #11
hardway
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: clutch issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicyunicorn View Post
Is this a fresh motor? Reason I ask is 120 is great compression for a fresh motor but if it's not a plugged exhaust will increase compression reading unhook the exhaust and do another compression check if it drops try riding it a short distance with muffler still unhooked and see if it improves old two strokes mufflers can get plugged up after years of use from burning oil a muffler bbq may be in order
Top end was rebuilt by po.We torn it open to ensure it was done right. We replaced crank seals, also a muffler burn. Removed muffler and still have 120psi.Motor runs ok,clutches engage when on jack stands.Is primary rebuild-able,is there a way to check if it is bad?
hardway is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2017, 06:52 PM   #12
hardway
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
The clue here is "doesnt increase RPMs". The drive clutch can't do it's job if the engine rpms don't increase. It's the centrifugal force that forces the weights out to push the drive clutch tighter on the belt. Get the engine speed to increase and the clutch's should come to life. Back to basics fuel, spark, compression...
OK, what would keep engine rpm's down under load?
Old 12-21-2017, 06:59 PM   #13
reson4
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardway View Post
OK, what would keep engine rpm's down under load?
Retarded ignition timing, plugged exhaust, or exhaust Port, governor not set right, throttle not opening properly, bad reeds if it's a Reed valve intake engine, crank seals, plugged air filter or intake hose, but I'm betting on the hyperactivebimetalfluxtransducer,,,,

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk
reson4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 07:01 PM   #14
reson4
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by reson4 View Post
Retarded ignition timing, plugged exhaust, or exhaust Port, governor not set right, throttle not opening properly, bad reeds if it's a Reed valve intake engine, crank seals, plugged air filter or intake hose, but I'm betting on the hyperactivebimetalfluxtransducer,,,,

But it sounds like you've done your homework on this one, so now maybe ask a friend to help double check, maybe you are missing something that a fresh pair of eyes would see,,,

Old 12-21-2017, 07:05 PM   #15
reson4
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
But it sounds like you've done your homework on this one, so now maybe ask a friend to help double check, maybe you are missing something that a fresh pair of eyes would see,,,

Ah ha! If the driven pulley spring is too relaxed, broken, allowing the belt to ride too high on the front pulley right away, it would overload the engine, not letting it rev, and producing very little power?

Old 12-22-2017, 11:28 AM   #16
hardway
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Retarded ignition timing, plugged exhaust, or exhaust Port, governor not set right, throttle not opening properly, bad reeds if it's a Reed valve intake engine, crank seals, plugged air filter or intake hose, but I'm betting on th

It does not have a hyperactivebimetalfluxtransducer, we did check the hyperactivebimetalfluxcapacitor. The only way to check was by doing a dry run and we achieved 88 mph.
Old 12-26-2017, 03:55 PM   #17
hardway
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
The clue here is "doesnt increase RPMs". The drive clutch can't do it's job if the engine rpms don't increase. It's the centrifugal force that forces the weights out to push the drive clutch tighter on the belt. Get the engine speed to increase and the clutch's should come to life. Back to basics fuel, spark, compression...
winner winner,did a muffler burn instead of bake (fire vs grill). cleaned out muffler better. we changed and gapped a new plug and waalaa. got around 10mph in 6 degree weather. THANK YOU 1 and all for your help and patience.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:54 PM   #18
reson4
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardway View Post
winner winner,did a muffler burn instead of bake (fire vs grill). cleaned out muffler better. we changed and gapped a new plug and waalaa. got around 10mph in 6 degree weather. THANK YOU 1 and all for your help and patience.
Glad you got her going! I've got a pretty good ear for plugged mufflers, but have been fooled before too! Happy New year!

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO