lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-16-2017, 09:00 AM   #21
Woodkitten
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Choke needs to be 3/4 way out to run.

Good morning. It has 2 spark plugs.
Woodkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-16-2017, 09:14 AM   #22
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Ok. Sounds like a robin engine, either 295cc or 350 cc. Your most likely issue will be the valve lash and or dirty carb. If these are in good shape the engine should run fine. As long as you are getting a good supply of fuel, then not much else will be wrong or it would be smoking badly. If you find oil in the air filter box, you will likely find the inlet valve gap is closed up. This is common on these engines. To determine what size engine you have you should find a label either by the carb or on the timing cover just above the black drive clutch. Either EH29 or EH35.

All this info assumed you have the Robin engine. This will have both spark plugs side by side just above the exhaust manifold. If your plugs are one at the front and one at the back of the engine, then you either have a clone, Briggs or honda v twin or similar and my info will likely not help you much.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 10:21 AM   #23
Woodkitten
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

The 2 spark plugs are nest to each other so I am think the engine is the robin 350cc. Thanks you for the help and suggestions! I will bring this thread to my mechanic and hopefully with your suggestions we will get the cart running right. I will keep you guys up to date and will re read the number in the glove box again to see if it's different than what I have on my CA vehicle registration.Cheers and happy holidays.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:52 PM   #24
Woodkitten
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Just a quick update. We found a new carb for $100 , new spark plugs, oil change,and my mechanic added an oil regulator ? Not really sure what it’s called but it somehow regulates the oil from going back to the engine?!?. It has a breather on the end like an air filter. He has one on his razor so we tried it. Just wondering if any of you heard of that. But it is running great so far! Thank you all for the help and advice .
Old 02-18-2018, 09:02 AM   #25
BurntClutch
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodkitten View Post
Just a quick update. We found a new carb for $100 , new spark plugs, oil change,and my mechanic added an oil regulator ? Not really sure what it’s called but it somehow regulates the oil from going back to the engine?!?. It has a breather on the end like an air filter. He has one on his razor so we tried it. Just wondering if any of you heard of that. But it is running great so far! Thank you all for the help and advice .
My guess is that its just an oil breather thats on the line that normally goes into your airbox, so now its vented. In a lifted cart, you have to use exactly the amount of oil that your engine takes (Mine is 1.5 quarts, not sure about the 350 engine), and you cannot use the dipstick. Lifting the cart changes the position of the engine, so if you fill it to full, it overfills the crankcase, and pushes oil into your airbox. I dont think the breather will hurt things any, just wanted to give my .02 as to why it was added.
BurntClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:41 AM   #26
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

f you have installed a breather on the crankcase vent, please make sure that you have plugged the spigot that the original pipe connected to on the filter. poor air filtration on these engines will kill the valves in no time, giving you a top end rebuild to do!

I do not see the need for the open vent anyway as all it will do is vent oil fumes into the engine bay and not feed the fumes through the engine and exhaust as it is designed to do. It's all about emissions these days LOL.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO