lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2018, 10:58 PM   #1
Carlo C.
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2 Robin 295cc engines not sure of years and what to order?

Guys,
I have two Robin 295cc Engines. I am not exactly 100% sure of the years, but I do have the numbers from the engines. One engine was given to me by a friend off of a cart that the frame rusted out and broke, but is very clean on the outside. I was told it smokes a little and I would like to rebuild it and use it on my cart. I am not 100 % sure of the year of my cart because it has no tag anywhere that I can find. I basically bought a junker that had been pieced together by the previous owner. Everything on this cart was wore out. I have started replacing everything a little at a time. I want to order parts to do a rebuild on the engine, but I am not sure I would be ordering the right stuff. If you guys could let me know the differences and how to tell the years so I will know if (A) the clean engine will work on my cart and (B) what to order for a basic rebuild. I would love to have some schooling on this stuff and some of the best places to order engine parts.

Clean engine: (maybe 2006)
e13*97/68SN4G1*2002/88*0020*01
Engine Family -6FJXS.2952GB
This engine meets Emission Regs for 2006
Robin EH292

Engine on my cart: (maybe 2005) would this also mean that my cart is a 2005?
e13*97/68SN4G1*2002/88*0020*01
Engine Family -5FJXS.2952GB
This engine meets emission Regs for 2005
Robin EH292

Thanks in advance for your time.
Carlo
Carlo C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2018, 09:55 AM   #2
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2 Robin 295cc engines not sure of years and what to order?

Both of the engines would be considered "MCI" engines. The difference in the newer ones and "Pre-MCI" would be the Pre-MCI engines have a removable cast iron exhaust manifold. The MCI engines have the exhaust manifold built into the cylinder head. As far as rebuilding I am not certain which parts might be different for the two generations of engines. Just specify "MCI" and you will get the right parts.

The engine might be rebuilt units newer than your cart but probably not. Post some pics of the carts and the EZGO experts here will surely identify your carts very well.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:42 PM   #3
Carlo C.
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Rooster59,

I am not allowed to post pictures until I am here a week. I am pretty sure I have it narrowed down to a 2005 or 2006 cart between the way the front rack is mounted then the date on the engine. I will post some pictures as soon as I can as it should be an interesting build. It has come a long way in a short time. It was really awful when I first got it and my wife was actually cracking on me and said when I first brought it home to make sure I got a cover for it first. Thanks a lot for the info I am going to take the engine apart this weekend and see if I find anything major wrong. Hopefully a quick hone and some rings will fix it up.

Do you guys know if anyone sells rebuild kits with gaskets, rings in kit form?

Thanks again
Carlo
Old 01-16-2018, 01:57 PM   #4
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You can find kits of varying content levels on the web. I would check with our sponsor vendors first. Click the site sponsor button near the top of every page.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:32 PM   #5
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

I'm pretty sure that you should be able to post pictures right now. Go down to the reply box, click on go advanced, and then click on the paperclip. Another box will open that allows the uploading of 5 pictures.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:52 PM   #6
Carlo C.
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Guys,
What section on this site would be suitable for a build thread? I would like to post pictures of the cart as I go. It was really rough when I bought, But for $600 it started and did not smoke so I figured I could not go wrong. I think I have the cart narrowed down to a 2005 or 2006 as the engine has a 2005 date on it and the front steering rack bolts to the axle. Not sure how to get the year any closer then that.

This is what it looked like when I bought it. Body was falling off and had a homemade rollbar. The body was cut up for speakers and looked to be painted with a brush. It would start if you jumped the solenoid off with a jumper wire. To say it was a little rough was being very nice. The jokes from my wife and friends were endless.
IMG_9181.jpg IMG_9183.jpg

So part of the reason I bought this cart was because a good friend of mine that owns a body shop had a few leftover TXT bodies from a job he took a couple years back painting custom bodies. He told me the bodies were about to go in the trash and I told him hold on. I went by and picked out the two best sets which were in really great shape. I left one with him to be painted and took another one home to get rid of the clown body off of my cart so my wife and friends would stop teasing me about the clown cart. The same day I also made a 55 minute trip to a Golf Cart junkyard to pick up a lot of trinkets that were missing from the cart. Roof, Roof Brackets, throttle peddle plastic box cover, Access cover, and a nice set of seat handles for $75. I stopped at the local Hardware store and spent about $20 on stainless hardware to mount everything up. So 3 days later and some driving around this is what it looked like:
IMG_9180.jpg IMG_9179.jpg IMG_9194.jpg

Since then I have purchased a bunch of parts for the cart, But the weather has not been cooperative for much more work. I would love to start a build thread and post pictures and the story as I go.

Thanks
Carlo
Old 01-17-2018, 02:20 PM   #7
old231
Not Yet Wild

Safe to say, you are not 'clowning' around.
old231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:16 PM   #8
Carlo C.
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by old231 View Post
Safe to say, you are not 'clowning' around.
old231,
And the hits keep coming. Pretty good one man. I could not get that body off of there quick enough.

Carlo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO