lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2018, 08:32 AM   #1
keystone76
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 09 RXV - Cleaned carb - Got fire -Won't start

I have a 2009 RXV that has been sitting for a few years. I was able to get it to run (sorta) once I got a new battery and replaced a missing gas cap. It would go but once I got in the throttle it would peter out and die.

I went ahead and took the body off and started to dig into the motor/carburetor. I took the carb off and cleaned it the best I could in mineral spirits. There were some very small holes I could not get a pipe cleaner through. I am not a carburetor guy, but I think I got the jet clean (if the jet is the small brass piece threaded into the stem down in the bowl). I was also able to clean the stem out with a pipe cleaner. I am pretty sure the float works because I could see and feel it moving as I soaked the carb in a bowl of mineral spirits.

I have also confirmed that there is fire going to the plug. I pulled the plug and put it back in the plug wire and watched it fire as I pressed the gas pedal.

When I put it all back together it just doesn't want to go. The starter is turning the motor good but it just won't fire. I believe the problem is still in my carburetor because I was able to get the cart to to fire using starter fluid. Is it possible that I have done something that would prevent any fuel from getting through the carb?

Any help or advise is greatly appreciated.
keystone76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2018, 04:02 PM   #2
guyboy1970
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 09 RXV - Cleaned carb - Got fire -Won't start

I am not sure on your specific model but I have disassembled my carb several times and if you aren't removing the jets from the body and cleaning them you're not getting a good carb cleaning. You may want to do a search for your year model and download the service manual (that's what I used). I had to use a piece of wire to clean my jets they are so small.

These buggies are sensitive to loose grounds and small trash in the carbs. Are you definitely positive that your fuel pump is pumping fuel?

Hope this helps some. Let us know what happens.

Last edited by guyboy1970; 06-26-2018 at 04:03 PM.. Reason: Had to add some additional info
guyboy1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO