lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2018, 10:48 AM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 2 stroke and 4 stroke differences / parts swapping

Any 12 volt battery will be perfectly fine. It doesnt take a whole lot of juice to spin the motor... it's all the lights, radio, etc. People add that make upgrading the battery. It would be perfectly fine with a lawnmower battery to be honest. Probably never have a problem. I have 1 with a lawnmower battery, 1 with a big car battery, and one with a napa special service battery. All of them work perfectly fine.

Fit the best one you can and go with it :) if it wont be used daily or near daily like mine, may be worth looking into an Optima or something similar. I believe interstate owns or distributes Optima. Theyll take some abuse!
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-28-2018, 10:51 AM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
I just rebuilt a 3PG two stroke exactly like yours. You can’t just swap a four stroke motor into them because they will have no reverse. The two stroke engine actually runs “backwards” when the cart is in reverse, so there’s no reverse gears built into the rear end.

The two stroke has plenty of power and speed for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arent you glad I kept poking you to finish that one? Turned out very nice with the new seat! I know you're an electric only guy but I knew you could do it!
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 11:00 AM   #13
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwocart View Post

Will the 2 stroke be poorly suited for just running around from building to building short trips? I woudl prefer to keep the 4 stroke for myself for obvious reasons but I dont want to fix the 2 stroke to find out its not suited for people running it at half throttle and stop and go.

It's a golf cart. That's exactly what it was designed to do.

The pdf is the specifications page for an 88. It has the battery type. I used a group 27 in mine. There are battery group pages out there that give dimensions and post locations.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf specifications.pdf (508.4 KB, 0 views)
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 12:03 PM   #14
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post

The pdf is the specifications page for an 88. It has the battery type. I used a group 27 in mine. There are battery group pages out there that give dimensions and post locations.
Do you know if there is a spark plug difference between what is listed on that page (1988 im assuming is 2pg) and my cart which is the 3pg?

edit was reading on google and searching BGW that either NGK bp4hs or bp5hs could be used, seeing alot more bp4hs comments though. i prefer NGK plugs thanks
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 12:49 PM   #15
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

I see the bp5hs in both the 88, and 85 manuals. I can't find one for the 3pg. I honestly don't think it matters. golfcartking.com lists them both for all 2 strokes.
Old 12-28-2018, 02:11 PM   #16
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
I see the bp5hs in both the 88, and 85 manuals. I can't find one for the 3pg. I honestly don't think it matters. golfcartking.com lists them both for all 2 strokes.
thanks for your help.

does anybody have a motor oil preference? I have a good amount of stihl orange bottle 2 stroke laying around from landscaping stuff. was hoping to use some of that up. I plan on eliminating the oil injection and just pre mixing the fuel.

From searching the forum I am reading that I want to do a 40:1 or approx 3 oz oil / 1 gal of fuel for the first tank after a fresh rebuild, and then 128:1 oil / gas after that. I am also generally reading that I can run anything from Walmart 2 cycle oil to expensive synthetic stuff. I personally don't care, I just don't want to fould plugs, blow a bunch of oil out my exhaust, or blow up my motor
Old 12-28-2018, 02:28 PM   #17
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:

I know thats what its supposed to do I'm just afraid I am going to be fouling plugs as i cruise around the camp ground. Alot of guys talk about running these things wide open thats why i was asking
Old 12-28-2018, 02:45 PM   #18
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Mix any 2 stroke oil at 128:1 (1 ounce of oil per gallon of gas). Plug the banjo fitting to make sure it's airtight, and then forget about it.

I cruise slow, and sometimes I run wide open. The cart is governed at 12mph. Most people get rid of the governor to run around 18mph. Slow won't hurt it. Since yours is a 3pg, I can't show you any pictures of setting up the throttle linkage.
Old 12-28-2018, 03:31 PM   #19
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Mix any 2 stroke oil at 128:1 (1 ounce of oil per gallon of gas). Plug the banjo fitting to make sure it's airtight, and then forget about it.

I cruise slow, and sometimes I run wide open. The cart is governed at 12mph. Most people get rid of the governor to run around 18mph. Slow won't hurt it. Since yours is a 3pg, I can't show you any pictures of setting up the throttle linkage.
first tank after rebuild still run 128:1?

I think my 93 295 4 stroke goes 17 mph but has 21 inch tires on it. this cart has the same size tires, i am expecting a similar top speed.

thanks for your help i will keep this post updated as I get it together over the next couple weeks just waiting on everything to come in the mail
Old 12-28-2018, 03:52 PM   #20
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

40:1 for first tank after rebuild.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO