lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2019, 04:30 PM   #1
30SaltShaker
Not Yet Wild

Default Pedal Down - No Go EXGO Express 6 2017 - Lots of testing Stumped

Well, Pulled into a parkign spot and bought a few things , jump back in the cart and no pedal no start.

What we have tested.

If I jump the solenoid hot terminal the engine will start.
The key works, reverse beeps, solenoid low terminals have continuity, 7.5 amp fuse good, dropped another just case. The relay is good, bought another and placed than in the sealed box. no difference.

Still no pedal. The solenoid doesn't click, but the continuity on the relay/low terminal side tells me it should be good? I have not tested to ensure it clicks, that may be my down fall, but will de-wire to test that tonight.

is there any other common cause for no pedal/start that runs from pedal to relay? Again the cart will start if i jump the constant big terminals on the solenoid. they key does cause current when on and 0.00 when off.

Key, Fuse,Relay all verified.
30SaltShaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2019, 07:43 PM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Pedal Down - No Go EXGO Express 6 2017 - Lots of testing Stumped

The small terminals of the solenoid is where you need to be jumping it. One is power, the other is ground. Figure that out first, then jump the power terminal straight to the positive battery terminal. The solenoid should engage, and the cart should start.

If it does, the solenoid is good.
You would then back up to the pedal switch, or the wiring leading to the solenoid. If it's like older models, there is a box under the floor mat that gets wet, and causes corrosion.
It could be a bad connection, loose wire, or bad pedal switch.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 07:58 PM   #3
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

After looking at photos of your model cart, I don't know if your pedal switch would be up front near the pedal, or way in the back with the engine.

Either way, I would wonder if it's still under warranty.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 06:13 PM   #4
30SaltShaker
Not Yet Wild

you are exactly right. I jumped the small terminals and get got a start. also tested the relay. gotta be the pedal switch. Trying to figure out how we get it out of the small box under the floor. they have 4 1/2 bolts and still cant get it loose. not sure if glued to flashing or the two rivet or lien up pins are the issue..

I cant get he box to pull away from the floor to test that switch. ever take one down?
Old 08-17-2019, 08:58 AM   #5
Joaquin12345
Not Yet Wild

That box with the pedal switch opens up from the top. I was going to try to do it from the bottom due to my flooring but I had to move the flooring and open it from the top
Joaquin12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 07:52 AM   #6
30SaltShaker
Not Yet Wild

thanks, that is a bummer. that is a lot of work to get to switch ugh, will take pics of the fix. layers of floor and also the front seat all need to come out.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:22 AM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

before going through all that, can you get to the 2 wires going to the pedal switch outside of the box? I think i'd just hook up a meter and check continuity of the switch on the harness before taking a bunch of stuff apart. That harness has to be accessible somewhere besides just at the switch itself.

Though, unless they've changed the design, every ezgo i've had in the past, that box is completely caked full of mud, rocks, sticks, grass, etc.

2017 is pretty new to have a failure already. What's the warranty period on an ezgo? If it's under warranty I would probably save the hassle and just take it in and let them fix it :)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 03:30 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Should be a wire loom or grey wire sheath coming from the pedal box back. Chase those back and see if there is a failed molex plug. Should just have 2 wires and those should go to common when the go pedal is pushed. On older carts those wires would be red and green. Red would be hot with 12V and green should go to 12V when the pedal is pushed. Green feeds the key switch and the key switch feeds the solenoid with a blue wire. These colors are based on an older diagram but I think still apply
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO