lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2019, 12:21 PM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: bought a 1986 Ezgo 2 Stroke I have no idea that is going on with the secondary cl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrv View Post
So I paid $500 bucks for this Cart Did I get taken? Everything else seems great
As long as the frame isn't rusted and it's in half decent condition, not at all!

I paid $250 for the Marathon I recently bought, it was an 89. It didn't run at all, crank seals were completely blown out. So I replaced them and got to drive it about 10 minutes before the engine ate itself from the inside out. Engine was completely toast. I took it apart, sold off what was good, trashed what wasn't and put a predator 212cc motor in it for the kids to drive around for the summer. All in all, after selling off the good engine parts for cheap on ebay (like the cylinder head for 20 bucks, all the others are $100-150. Ignition parts for $20, reed valves, etc. This stuff is hard to find anymore so it all sold really quickly) I had under $200 into it, including the predator motor I got brand new, clutch, belt, etc. Kids had fun with it over the summer and when they went back to school I think I sold it for $500 as basically a big "go kart".

That's "worst case scenario". Even if it turns out to be a COMPLETE heap of garbage, there's more than $500 worth of nearly impossible to find parts on there.

I just sold the airbox from mine today on ebay for another $60 just to get it out of my way. STill have a good gas tank and a few other misc. parts too... The gift that keeps on giving

Best case scenario, new clutch, a few other odds and ends and you'll have a solid cart for under $1000. I'm not sure where you're from but around here you can't touch a decent gas golf cart in any kind of condition for under $1000.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO