lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2019, 05:30 PM   #1
Scottk66
Not Yet Wild

Default 1992 ezgo starts won’t move

Have a 1992 ezgo the cart starts but won’t move seems like it’s not getting enough gas,drained and put in new gas replaced both fuel filters.Still same nothing has changes,as for Compression I checked it just by moving the clutch it seems to have compression.I want to head and ordered a new carburetor and fuel pump if anybody has any other ideas please let me know thank you in advance.
Scottk66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2019, 06:21 PM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1992 ezgo starts won’t move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottk66 View Post
Have a 1992 ezgo the cart starts but won’t move seems like it’s not getting enough gas,drained and put in new gas replaced both fuel filters.Still same nothing has changes,as for Compression I checked it just by moving the clutch it seems to have compression.I want to head and ordered a new carburetor and fuel pump if anybody has any other ideas please let me know thank you in advance.
Is it running or just the starter turning it? exhaust hot?
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 08:09 PM   #3
Scottk66
Not Yet Wild

It’s running but barely, put the rear end up on blocks, I was able to get it to rev up one time ,enough for the clutch to engage and the wheel to spin,
Old 08-28-2019, 10:03 PM   #4
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottk66 View Post
I would suggest to stop buying parts until you find what is wrong with it. You can't check compression the way you did it.
Is this a 2-stroke or 4-stroke engine ?
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 08:21 AM   #5
Scottk66
Not Yet Wild

It’s a 2 stroke has been sitting for two years.Ran good for a week then started acting up
Old 08-29-2019, 10:36 AM   #6
Scottk66
Not Yet Wild

Found my Compression tester,Tested three times was in between 125 and 130 psi
Old 08-29-2019, 10:49 AM   #7
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

I suspect crankshaft seals, or ripped diaphragm in the fuel pump.

Is the plug wet? That would indicate ripped diaphragm.

Sitting for two years, driving for a week, and then quitting really makes me lean towards seals.

Pull the fuel line from the carb, and stick it into a jar then crank it over. You should see a very healthy spurt of fuel.

And while typing this, I was thinking that you could have easily sucked up two years worth of crud into the carburetor. Take it apart, and clean every single tiny orifice. You have to remove the center brass tube to do that.

That compression is better than brand new.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO