lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2020, 09:31 PM   #1
bryguy39
Gone Wild

Default Please help G16

Just bought a 97 G16 and when you push the pedal all the way down it hesitates and then goes, once it goes it runs good but it’s running rich. Also does not climb hills at the golf course well at all. Cart is stock with no lift. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E8D248DA-434B-4507-AF48-A8BC6FF962F1.jpg (335.0 KB, 0 views)
bryguy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2020, 06:58 AM   #2
1arunem
Gone Wild

Default Re: Please help G16

Check fuel system and carb operation. It made need a good cleaning/refresh.
1arunem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 06:58 AM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Regular maintenance. What have you done as far as maintenance on your cart? Tune up, new belt, air filter, fuel filter, new gas....all these things must be checked first.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 07:36 AM   #4
bryguy39
Gone Wild

I just got it, ordered new belt, carb, plug, air filter. How do I access the carb? Do I need to remove rear bag well plastic?
Old 09-24-2020, 08:48 AM   #5
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Wait? new carb? Online $50 dollar carb? If so dont do that. Clean the OEM one, youll be way better off. Im not a big fan of the online tune up kits either, the only part thats good is the spark plug.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 11:38 AM   #6
robertakamagoo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I had to clean carb on my g16 two times a season. I used it a lot also kept my on eye on air box made sure it stayed clean also on older carts I changed out fuel lines I also didn't use cheap fuel filters.
robertakamagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 01:34 PM   #7
bryguy39
Gone Wild

Sorry I don’t have the cart in front of me, how do I get to the carb and where is the air box located? Thanks
Old 09-24-2020, 01:42 PM   #8
breugel
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Take the seat bottom off and it is between the Gas tank and the sparkplug. it is black plastic with spring clips around the outside. A little bit bigger than a foot square. To get to the card that needs to come off... A few bolts and thats it.
breugel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 05:24 PM   #9
pilotdane
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

To get to the carburetor you have to first remove the air filter box. First pull off the oil hose on the front (of the cart) side. Then there are 2 or 3 bolts on the top to remove and two nuts down below where it meets the carburetor. Then you can slide the whole airbox off of the carburetor's mounting studs. The carburetor is right there then. You will need to disconnect the fuel lines and throttle and choke cables before you can remove the carb. It's a good idea to take a few good pictures of everything so you have no doubts when it is time to put it all back together.
pilotdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha