lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2009, 10:51 PM   #11
jjones41
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: cc 87 wiring confused and down

how common is it for a motor to be completely gone to the point of not being able to be rebuilt or new brushes i think that might be my situation at this point when i disconnect the motor the solenoids work as they are supposed to and when it is connected the cart wont move and its like the system is shorted but what was i to expect for $450 bucks. i checked the motor for continuity between the posts and the case as stated in another thread and there is none which i believe is a good sign i hope it just needs new brushes
jjones41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2009, 11:08 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

These motors almost never ever go bad ........ The solenoid closest to the driver's side of the cart is the master if it does not close the cart will not move.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:55 PM   #13
jjones41
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

yes i finally wrapped my head around the solenoid setup and understand how it works. i have checked the solenoid function and it is working properly and all things point to the motor brushes being bad. but at the same time im not an expert in this field and really appreciate the input you guys have given it has helped a lot. another question i have is based on the age of this cart would it be worth dumping another 1000 dollars into this cart or find another newer model cart to spend the money on im very torn on this decision ive got around 500 dollars in this cart so far and its in decent sharp needs some tlc but i dont want to end up with a money pit at the same time an opinions or thoughts are appreciated
Old 11-06-2009, 08:52 AM   #14
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Its totally a owner thingy, some here have 36 Volt carts and love them.
48 Volt carts with solid state controller are the easiest to upgrade for speed.
36 Volt require a lot more $$ to get them >> 20 mph.
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:58 AM   #15
mrcarter
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

it might be smoking beacause its not ground right.... thats what happend to me i did not have the black box ground but this was on a 1987 cc gas
mrcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:10 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcarter View Post
it might be smoking beacause its not ground right.... thats what happend to me i did not have the black box ground but this was on a 1987 cc gas
It is hard to compare any electrical problems between a gas and an electric cart, even if they are of the same year.......

No telling what's wrong ....we need picks to show the smoking terminals? Also I just reread this and you have been running this poor thing on 24v loaded with kids and an adult, really would not be surprised if it cost you a motor. Or at least brushes. ... 36 is the minimum !!!!!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:24 PM   #17
jjones41
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

UPDATE: i got a couple of used batteries really cheap so we are at 36 volts. WOW what a difference motor is not hating me anymore. and the solenoids are in too running good now. and then i noticed something weird in the front end in the suspension. Question is how much of the front suspension is changed by the lift kit? i look at the pics of the kit and im not sure if the peice in question is replaced or not and i dont want to waste money replacing the part if it will be replaced when i get my lift next month
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car