lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2009, 04:11 PM   #1
GaryM-002
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Club Car Wiring Diagrams?

I've looked and downloaded all the pictures I can find yet they seem to be a little incomplete to what I need. The one I have now is
[ clubcar021002page528185if2 ] It has a F/r limit switch and reverse buzzer.
We have an 83 electric with no mods to the wiring. 5 solenoids and resistor coil. No F/R limit switch and No reverse buzzer.
What I'm looking for is a complete schematic without all the incomplete little pictures. The ones I'm finding have all the wires but where they connect to the F/R switch and the charger outlet it's real unclear as to which post they connect to. We found a good schematic of just the F/R switch but now have the problem of which posts the wires are connected to on the charger outlet and to the F/R switch from the outlet.
Maybe I'm looking for a more complicated schematic? I've been doing commercial appliance repair for some years and can't get past the pictures where the wires stop so far away from the point of connection.
We got this thing from a guy who didn't know anything about wiring at all. It's been changed, altered, and messed with too many times to try and go by what was there. It's time to tear it down and start from the bottom up.
GaryM-002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2009, 11:26 AM   #2
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Wiring Diagrams?

Have U looked through the stickies at the top of the page.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/electric-club-car/
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:26 AM   #3
roady89
nimda
Club Car

What kind of club car is it, year etc? I have some here that need to be posted but haven't done it yet.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:09 PM   #4
GaryM-002
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It's an 83 Club car with no mods to the wiring. Just 4 gauge wiring.
I guess the problem I'm really having is making out the low quality pictures because I can't figure out which post the wires go on.
I've drawn it out on paper and am comparing it to the pics I've gotten from the stickies and just can't get the two to match up. I know I've got some wires crossed and the guy that had it before us said he thinks he messed it up so I don't really have anything to go by except what is here. I have looked around for something more clear but can't find it.
If you've got something I really would appreciate a shot of it. I know I've got 2 bad solenoids now and have replaced a micro switch because of this mess. I don't want to continue with crossed wires now that I've gotten the bad parts consolidated.
The only real upside is we've been doing some body lifting, changing of tires and repairing some body damage where the thing was run into a tree. It's come a long way even before we ran across this site. It's been real helpful. I regret never taking any "before" shots of it.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:08 AM   #5
GaryM-002
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

OK, I have two diagrams of the F/R switch. One has the S-1 lead going to the SIDE post on the F/R switch and the other has the lead going to the bottom LEFT post of the switch.
When I do this on the cart with a jumper between the two bottom posts for the full speed reverse with the S-1 connected to the bottom post it leaves zero room for the other wire terminals from the key and charger to fit there. It doesn't look right at all.
These are the kind of issues I'm having with the incomplete diagrams I have found.
Like I said, I'm starting from scratch here and need to get my hands on something that has some good detail to it.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:28 AM   #6
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Does this look like it? This one may e a little better.

83 club car wiring diagram
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:33 AM   #7
GaryM-002
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I do have that one.
My cart doesn't have a buzzer or F/R limit switch so I'm assuming a bypass is OK to run it without them or it just didn't come with them.
I can make out a lot of it. But it's a confusing picture when you don't know what your looking for with a new start.
Example: It shows wires # 14,12,5,and (? 2) going to the same post. But which post? .....side, bottom right, or bottom left?
It leaves #8 and (? 2) going to the other post?
I am good with #'s 3 and 1.
Also it shows all 3 posts on a single surface when the 3 posts on the switch are on two separate locations of the switch. No way to tell without the post being numbered.
#13 and #7 go to one post of the charger on one side. I have 2 different pictures of the F/R switch and one shows S-1 in one place and the other shows it in another place. I just want to wire this thing back up stock so I have a real starting point.
I've got the buzzer and F/R limit switch bypass figured out and the wiring of the solenoids as well as the wires to and from the speed control to the solenoids.
If anyone has any input from what I have either said correct or incorrect in this I would appreciate the input. I just want to get this thing rolling so we can move it from point "A" to point "B".
Old 12-03-2009, 09:44 AM   #8
Whiskyb
Not Yet Wild

Scottyb posted this for me just a few days ago. It helped me. You can find that thread about 2 pagers in titled "84cc f/r wiring"

Hope it helps some
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 80s CC F&R.jpg (6.1 KB, 238 views)
Whiskyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:15 AM   #9
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Wow what are U using for the F/R switch or does this mean U are dead in the water ?
Send some pictures of what you have , it helps us a lot !

Try this link ?
http://www.vintagegolfcartparts.com/...ry/gallery.cgi
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:27 PM   #10
GaryM-002
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Whiskyb, I also have that picture too. It shows the S-1 in a different location than the other close up I have of the stock F/R switch. I found one called "CCrevswitch" It's a close up of the 81- 83 1/2 F/R switch.
This is where I'm getting confused on that part, It shows a jumper off the bottom two posts and this means it drops one of the leads to it on the left because of that word "OR" in the picture? Or am I just adding a jumper? Which diagram is correct?
I do have a stock F/R switch in the cart.
What is not installed is a F/R limit switch (wires #10 & 11in first diagram). Or the reverse buzzer (wires #6 & 9)

What might help with some of the wiring because in the first diagram it shows all 5 of the speed switches. Now, in the diagram they go from right to left. I'm assuming the picture is backwards for showing the wiring purposes only because the first switch off the key switch should be the first to make contact with the slide in the speed control, then adding another solenoid to pick up speed,correct? They are activated from drivers side to passengers side because #1 is the one on the drivers side?
I'll get a few pics of this thing tonight. It's not a complete mess and I'm not a dummy when it comes to wiring but the pictures available are not making as much sense to me as a plain old schematic.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car