lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
MERCENARY
Not Yet Wild

Default I Need to Bypass OBC 48v on 95' Club

after doing dome searches here im aware of the problems of bypassing the OBC but im going to do it anyway

im still a little confused on bypassing the obc on my 48v club.After installling a new selnoid i hooked a wire off the post that has the yellow wire <that goes to controller> too the negative on battery#6<rear batter under drivers seat?>...and then disconnected the black wire coming from the obc going to neg batt#6...the cart doesnt move and the charger seems to come on but the meter shows its basically fully charged.

then i tried with both connceted. The black wire coming from obc to battery #6 AND the new wire from selnoid to neg batt#6 and still cart wont move But charger works fine.

ive also read i may need to run a wire from the fused negative from the charger input to the negbat#6 ?

LOL i know its sounds a bit confusing but if anyone can give me the detailed preocess of bypassing the OBC i would greatly appreciate it Thanks.
MERCENARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2010, 12:46 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I Need to Bypass OBC 48v on 95' Club

2 ways to accomplish this.
1: bypass the obc at the fuse behind the charger recepticle. Remove the fuse connect the cart side of the fused wire to the main battery negative post at 48v. Plug the charger in and it should run until you unplug it.
2. open the charger and bypass the relay.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:56 PM   #3
MERCENARY
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
2 ways to accomplish this.
1: bypass the obc at the fuse behind the charger recepticle. Remove the fuse connect the cart side of the fused wire to the main battery negative post at 48v. Plug the charger in and it should run until you unplug it.
2. open the charger and bypass the relay.
sorry im a little confused on method 1..

my reciptcle has a small grey wire with a yellow rubber fuse..after the fuse it goes into the wiring harness...wich side of that needs to go to neg batt ?..the reciptcle or the side coing from the wiring harness? And should cut the wire so the fuse is still in use or cut it so there is now fuse?
Old 02-15-2010, 01:00 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

There is no right way to do it, it is meant to be a test only... the cart side not the recepticle side connects to ground... if you do this and the charger comes on then likely the obc is bad
Old 02-15-2010, 05:47 PM   #5
MERCENARY
Not Yet Wild

ok im kind of stumped here...i can get the cart to charge but i cant get it to move.I have undone everything except i have the new selnoind installed..right now the cart will charge but will not move.

I have tried a wire fom selnoid to negative batt 6..with and without the fused wire from the charge reciptical going to the negative post.

suggestions welcome lol
Old 02-15-2010, 06:34 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Good or Bad, the obc does not stop the cart from running. Download the wiring diagram from the Stickies at the top of this section and trace out the solenoid activation circuit. You have something messed up. Rather than try to bypass the obc, I suggest you get everything back to where the cart runs and then IF YOU MUST, jump the charger relay so it will go when plugged in and off when unplugged. I don't recommend doing that but you seem bent on it? The batteries will ultimately suffer and fail...... cost wise the obc is much cheaper.
Here is a link: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-diagrams.html
Are you really a Mercenary?
Old 02-15-2010, 07:19 PM   #7
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Ok if all else fails ?
Start at the beginning and tell us what has been done since it quit running,
What happened when it stopped running ...etc. the more the better.

The Battery pack Voltage (taken with digital meter) if possable)
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bypass, club, obc
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car