lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2010, 02:04 PM   #11
carguy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: battery change precedent

Buggies Unlimited will be comming out with a conversion kit late this summer or early fall.

Club Car has them now. I got the part #'s from a dealer . . . . but I cant find those #'s now. CC is very proud of their version (lotsa $$$$$$).

Have fun, Dave
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2010, 02:13 PM   #12
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Default Re: battery change precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfcarfixer View Post
You know the only problem with the 4-12s is they dont hold up on a golf course.I think a new set of batteries other than trojan and you will be ok,the u.s.batteries work real good.

I don't golf so not really sure how many miles or going up hills contributes to battery life under those scenario's...

I do know that I can always get at least 20 miles out of my cart with 1 year old batteries on fairly level ground running average speeds of 11 MPH in different campgrounds, topping the speeds out to 26 on occasion. That's taking the batteries down to 48.4 volts. How does this compare to golf course usage with higher hills and stop and go? I always wondered about that...
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:14 PM   #13
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy View Post
Buggies Unlimited will be comming out with a conversion kit late this summer or early fall.

Club Car has them now. I got the part #'s from a dealer . . . . but I cant find those #'s now. CC is very proud of their version (lotsa $$$$$$).

Have fun, Dave
If you get that number can you post it here? Thanks
Old 02-16-2010, 02:19 PM   #14
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
I don't golf so not really sure how many miles or going up hills contributes to battery life under those scenario's...

I do know that I can always get at least 20 miles out of my cart with 1 year old batteries on fairly level ground running average speeds of 11 MPH in different campgrounds, topping the speeds out to 26 on occasion. That's taking the batteries down to 48.4 volts. How does this compare to golf course usage with higher hills and stop and go? I always wondered about that...
Well golf courses cycle the batteries more than like you and I do,you know they go out and play 36 holes come in and get put on charge for about 4 hours and then go out again.When you and I use our cars we just cruise around locally and dont put them to hard use and we also take better care of the batteries.A lot of courses run the batteries out of water and overcharge and some dont.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:23 PM   #15
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfcarfixer View Post
Well golf courses cycle the batteries more than like you and I do,you know they go out and play 36 holes come in and get put on charge for about 4 hours and then go out again.When you and I use our cars we just cruise around locally and dont put them to hard use and we also take better care of the batteries.A lot of courses run the batteries out of water and overcharge and some dont.

Sad thing is I had homes in PGA on the golf course but could never play the game... bad shoulder is the excuse I use currently!!!!! LOL I've only played Putt Putt and I suck at that as well!
Old 02-16-2010, 02:33 PM   #16
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I dont know what the mileage is on courses as I assume it varies for each course.My Dad has a 2007 Prececent that he uses daily on the course and around the Hood and has 0-problems.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:37 PM   #17
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
36 holes is less than 10 miles of driving in spurts of 100-200 yards at a time. The draw down on the batteries is less because the cart sits and recovers between spurts. The terrain is another thing, probably 70%-30%, cart path vs grass.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:42 PM   #18
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
36 holes is less than 10 miles of driving in spurts of 100-200 yards at a time. The draw down on the batteries is less because the cart sits and recovers between spurts. The terrain is another thing, probably 70%-30%, cart path vs grass.
Thanks Doug
Old 02-16-2010, 04:07 PM   #19
carguy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: battery change precedent

The conversion part #'s as given to my by a CC dealer are:

I did not look up these parts myself, so I am at the mercy of what another person told me. If they are not correct, sorry.

Dave
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:06 PM   #20
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy View Post
The conversion part #'s as given to my by a CC dealer are:

I did not look up these parts myself, so I am at the mercy of what another person told me. If they are not correct, sorry.

Dave
Thanks Dave :)

I'll call the CC dealer here and ask for pricing. :)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car