lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2010, 12:04 PM   #11
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Storing Batteries

I may be old fashioned because when I was very young ( 1946 ) I almost lost my job in garage by placing new batterys on cement floor? At that time at end of WW2 Delco and Willard, etc manufacturers would not warrentee a battery if it set on either cement of ground? Yes batterys were made some what different but not wood cases etc. You could replace bad cells and extend the life of a battery by years at that time.
As an example of my experience my son was raised by me to never put batterys on ground or cement and one summer in the 1980s while he was restoring his 1941 chev convert he placed a brand new Delco battery that he fully charged on floor and one month later it was completly discharged? Her recharged it and put it on shelf and when restoration was done 6 months later he used that same battery to start new rebuilt engine with no problems?
Maybe second charge helped break battery in or??? Anyway you will not find me sitting good batterys on cement or ground ever? You all do what you think is right, my Obama dollar comes too hard for me to waste?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2010, 02:54 PM   #12
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Storing Batteries

I was told this by my uncle who sells batteries, he has shelves for batteries. He said if a battery is stored on the concrete floor it drains to the concrete. I have never put a battery on concrete because of his warning.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car