lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-09-2008, 10:58 PM   #21
Otter70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Brought home an Ike casualty today

Yeah, the Steens modified my stock motor. I thinks when funds become available I'll get the 380.
Otter70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2008, 11:29 PM   #22
LIVIN
Getting Wild

Club Car

How is your cart coming ?
LIVIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:43 PM   #23
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

It's slowly coming along.. Got a box of parts coming in Monday for the rear end (seals, gaskets, brake shoes & cables, and a set of 8:1 hi-speed gears)..
Just finished up installing the lift on the front end, put new wheel bearings in the hubs and installed the front wheels.. Got all my supplies last week to make the new control harness and battery cables.. Still have to order the MCOR conversion kit so I'll have the included harnesses to splice into the harness I'm making.. If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll roll it out in the drive and get a few pics of it..

Later..
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:34 PM   #24
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Got the rear springs mounted today, set it on stands and loaded the batteries to see what the final ride height would be.. I removed one leaf from each of the H.D. rear springs, took one of the removed leaves and added it to the front spring.. Hope to be able to reinstall the rear axle next weekend, and start on making the new control harness..

Some more pics of the progress...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1098.jpg (82.5 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1099.jpg (81.5 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1100.jpg (55.4 KB, 113 views)
Old 12-07-2008, 07:47 PM   #25
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

CC-John,
Did the front end get any stiffer or just pulled up some sag? I've thought about doing the same thing. I added cut down helper leafs to the rear instead of buying the 3 or 4 leaf heavy duty ones....so far there working out fine.
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:33 PM   #26
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRS View Post
CC-John,
Did the front end get any stiffer or just pulled up some sag? I've thought about doing the same thing. I added cut down helper leafs to the rear instead of buying the 3 or 4 leaf heavy duty ones....so far there working out fine.
Adding the extra leaf to the front noticeably firmed up the front end, along with a little extra ride height.. When I brought the cart home, it didn't take much to hit the bump stops on the front shocks.. It now has plenty of travel before hitting the stops.. When I added the extra leaf to the front spring, I painted a coat of anti-seize between the leaves.. This reduces the friction between the leaves for a smoother ride..

The neighbor that I bought the cart from had all the springs replaced when she replaced the batteries 18 months ago.. It had a new set of HD rear and a new standard front spring installed, along with all new poly bushings in the front and rear suspension..
Old 12-07-2008, 08:55 PM   #27
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Thanks...good info.
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:55 PM   #28
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Another progress report...

Sat down the other evening and put together my new control harness.. I eliminated the OBC crap and added a few extra wires for a digital battery meter to take the place of the OBC's idiot light.. Got all the stuff in to reassemble the differential (seals, gaskets, 8:1 Hi-Speed gears), cleaned up and painted the axle tubes and cleaned out the housing.. Luckily the diff lube was never contaminated with seawater, was dirty as hell though from never being changed in 12 years.. I should have a rolling chassis this weekend.. Then I get to start making battery cables...

Few more pics..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1102.jpg (69.0 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1104.jpg (70.7 KB, 80 views)
Old 12-12-2008, 07:04 PM   #29
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the post and all the pictures. This is how you rebuild a saltwater cart Strip her down and put her back together with new parts. Why don't you keep a running parts total so others can others can see the garage costs of these buggies? I think it would be very helpful and informative

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 07:26 PM   #30
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Thanks Mike!!!

I have a list of parts bought so far, right now it's hovering at the $900 level.. The control harness was built from leftover wiring from various boat projects.. It's all marine tinned copper.. All the rusted mild steel hardware (nuts & bolts) is being replaced with stainless steel.. I have a a couple of 5 gallon buckets of SS hardware scavenged from nearly 30 years in the swimming pool business.. The 10" tires & wheels were take offs from my EZGO gasser.. A friend that has an electric motor shop north of Houston is getting the GE D395 motor for me at his dealer cost..

My actual finished cost will more than likely be far less than most folks could do one of these carts for..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car