lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2016, 08:53 AM   #1
kealje
Not Yet Wild

Default F/W and charge wire connection help

I am new here and have limited mechanical knowledge - learning as I go. We have a 1987 Club Car DS that we have totally redone. We are up to rewiring everything and I did not take a picture of where things need to go when removing everything -nor did I label . I have tried to look at the wiring diagrams, but get stuck on this last part. Can someone please tell me, with looking at the picture, where the white and black wires from the charging receptacle should go, where the wires on the micro switch should end up and in what position the motor/solenoid wires should be in on the F/W switch. I believe I have them correct, but just want to make sure I don't blow something up when I finish the job. Thank you so much for any help provided.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg f&W.jpg (205.3 KB, 0 views)
kealje is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2016, 09:10 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: F/W and charge wire connection help

The small white wire definitely in the wrong place. A large cable goes on the swivel connections on the F&R. The Positive charge wire (white?)would go on the same posts as the battery main neg cable. The other charge wire goes to the battery main negative. Is this a 5 solenoid cart? See diagram below

the original micro switch had 2 terminals not 3. So that's the wrong switch. The 3 terminal switch has a normally open and normally closed terminal so one will be open until switched and one will be closed until switched. THe cart should only have 2 wires to the F&R ms and the standard ms is open until switched. You can use this switch if you determine which terminals work as needed but, I'm confused why you have 3 wires
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5 solenoid diagram.jpg (73.4 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 09:31 AM   #3
kealje
Not Yet Wild

Yes sir it is a 5 solenoid cart. We replaced all the solenoids, resistor coils and new wiring on that part. everything else we just cleaned up really good. I did not replace the switch, that is what was on there. It appears someone in the past had done some things to it, and we have been trying to follow the diagrams to do things correctly, but it ends up we have switches/posts with no wires, or i have wires with no place to connect. I just assumed that becuase there were 3 on the switch, there must be 3 wires... I am learning quite a bit right now!! I think i just need to have someone familiar with this type of cart reconnect everything for me lol.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:56 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm not really sure on what color wire went where on the 30 yr old cart. Wait a minute .... Maybe Crash can help with one of his color coded diagrams?
Old 02-26-2016, 10:08 AM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here You Go, I added some annotations since this question seems to come up a lot:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1985_FNR_Switch_Labels.JPG (114.3 KB, 0 views)
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:12 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Excellent work Sergio I recommend a stickie
Old 02-26-2016, 10:18 AM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Maybe a moderator can add that picture under Post #9 on the wiring diagrams section so its by the wiring diagram that goes with it...

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tml#post885427
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:50 AM   #8
kealje
Not Yet Wild

Thank you so much!!
Old 02-26-2016, 11:02 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Maybe a moderator can add that picture under Post #9 on the wiring diagrams section so its by the wiring diagram that goes with it...

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tml#post885427
Yes maybe a moderator can, Don?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car