lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2017, 10:44 AM   #1
Goosetree
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Adding Light Bar and Phone Charger Question

I have a 48v (6x8v) 2010 CC Precedent. I ordered a plug and play Rhox/Redhawk LED light kit with plug and play 48 to 12v reducer. Can I also add a light bar and car charger to the reducer? Not sure how to wire it since the converter has a harness? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Joseph
Goosetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2017, 02:41 PM   #2
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Adding Light Bar and Phone Charger Question

If you you have to ask basic questions like these you need to either return it and get your money back or find somebody to install it for you. It may save you a lot of money in the long run.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:47 PM   #3
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosetree View Post
i have a 48v (6x8v) 2010 cc precedent. I ordered a plug and play rhox/redhawk led light kit with plug and play 48 to 12v reducer. Can i also add a light bar and car charger to the reducer? Not sure how to wire it since the converter has a harness? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Joseph
yes you can add light bar and charger

sorry for jjance reply
he is not like the rest of us that help people

Welcome to BGW
Old 01-06-2017, 03:17 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The plug and play reducer is designed to be used with lights and lights only. If you want to use it for anything else, that's fine, but you're going to have splice into the positive and negative 12V output wires to get your power out of it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 06:46 PM   #5
Night life
Gone Wild

Club Car

I just installed that kit. 1st, that reducer has no trigger wire meaning it's live all the time. Second, at least in my kit, it's a 16/12 reducer. I installed it temporarily until I place my order for a new 48/12.

Otherwise, I'm very happy with the kit. Love the high/low beams.
Night life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 05:27 PM   #6
Goosetree
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
If you you have to ask basic questions like these you need to either return it and get your money back or find somebody to install it for you. It may save you a lot of money in the long run.
Jjance,

I was really hoping you would come over and help me? You seem like a lot of fun. Thanks for all the help in your post!

Joseph
Old 01-07-2017, 05:31 PM   #7
Goosetree
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question Re: Adding Light Bar and Phone Charger Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
The plug and play reducer is designed to be used with lights and lights only. If you want to use it for anything else, that's fine, but you're going to have splice into the positive and negative 12V output wires to get your power out of it.
Thanks! I'll do that. sounds like my only other option is to buy a non plug and play reducer?
Old 01-07-2017, 05:33 PM   #8
Goosetree
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night life View Post
I just installed that kit. 1st, that reducer has no trigger wire meaning it's live all the time. Second, at least in my kit, it's a 16/12 reducer. I installed it temporarily until I place my order for a new 48/12.

Otherwise, I'm very happy with the kit. Love the high/low beams.
Thank You Sir!

I didn't realize it was 16 to12 or I'd have probably just bought a 48 to 12v reducer. Thanks for the heads up!

Joseph
Old 01-07-2017, 05:41 PM   #9
Goosetree
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

[QUOTE=crash test dummy;1343145]yes you can add light bar and charger

[I]sorry for jjance reply
he is not like the rest of us that help people[/I

Thanks CTD! I'm guessing that guy has lots of friends and he's too busy to help anyone else...
Old 01-07-2017, 07:49 PM   #10
Muddog
Crazy Wild

Club Car

I'm not familiar with that lite kit, so this may or not be apply to your kit.
Be mindful of adding your lite bar. Most of the reducers in these kits are enough to power the stock lite kit and not much else. Check the watt/amp rating on the reducer, calculate stock lite kit watt/amp draw(likely 125-150 watts,10.5-12.5 amps), subtract that from reducer watt/amp rating and size your lite bar to that.
Splice as close to power source as possible. The wire is designed for stock lite kit, higher current can heat it up. The longer the run the more heat. If you splice close +- source you will shorten the run on the stock wire and the stock wire should be ok.
Splicing into a plug n play takes a bit of electrical knowledge, at the very least you will need a voltmeter and know how to use it and an understanding of the lite kit wiring.
Hope this helps.
Muddog
Muddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car