lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2017, 11:26 AM   #1
stoker
Gone Wild

Default anyone disect/repair curtis controller 1510A

I isolated prob to controller,its throwing code "throttle" and speed sensor,but Mcor is good and so is sensor.the symptom is cart only goes about 5mph and dies if accelerator petal is pushed to floor.as long as you keep petal about an inch from floorboard it will keep going albeit at 5mph.I thing i noticed is where the "M-"cable bolts on to controller there is some evidence of excessive heat as the plastic is slightly warped from heat.the terminal and lug look like new. so i popped cover off of controller and there is no burnt smell and everything looks sparkly new inside.
I know just enough to get me in trouble,but i have replaced some Caps and resistors and TO-220 type transistors in past with some luck..
The desighn of these looks like the have one circuit board for low voltage/current and the other is for high V/I.
they make it diffucult to get to the board with Caps and transistors by sandwiching the low voltage board and will require desoldering the whole board to get to the other
I am thinking there is a cold solder joint or?
any thought?thanks
stoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2017, 12:53 PM   #2
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: anyone disect/repair curtis controller 1510A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_GUml6O87Y
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 02:25 PM   #3
stoker
Gone Wild

Default Re: anyone disect/repair curtis controller 1510A

thanks for link,inside of mine is little different and in vid he makes it sound so easy to seperate those boards....:(
stoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car