lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2020, 09:59 AM   #1
97ezgotxt48
Not Yet Wild

Default Need for speed

I have a 99 ex go txt that I have converted to 48v alltrax 600 controller plum quick torque motor trojan batteries. Well, its top speed is 20mph and I have found that this is just not doing it for me. I want to upgrade the suspension and the motor. What is a stable suspension platform for a speed upgrade in the 30mph arena? Brake upgrade? Motor recommendations? What else needs an upgrade? Should I just get a new cart and then modify it?
97ezgotxt48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2020, 02:44 PM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need for speed

The torque motor may be what's limiting you. In a series system, the more torque the motor produces the less speed it can produce. The more speed it can produce, the less torque.

My cart will do 30. Stock brakes are barely adequate, but the cart is really no fun at 30. So I programmed it to limit the speed to 28. If you want 30 I'd look at keeping stock height.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 05:08 PM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

if you are wanting to go faster. you will need a speed motor.....such as a AMD 7126 "RAPTOR" Motor, Its what myself and a few others here are running. Breaks is a good upgrade for carts going that fast.

btw....mine runs 30 mph with motor, 48v system.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 04:41 PM   #4
97ezgotxt48
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
if you are wanting to go faster. you will need a speed motor.....such as a AMD 7126 "RAPTOR" Motor, Its what myself and a few others here are running. Breaks is a good upgrade for carts going that fast.

btw....mine runs 30 mph with motor, 48v system.
Any suggestions for a stable lift kit?
Old 04-05-2020, 11:07 AM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97ezgotxt48 View Post
Any suggestions for a stable lift kit?
truly....no such thing....if you lift your cart, it will make it more unstable seeing as it raises the center of gravity.....but what I did, so that I wouldn't have as much body roll, was to put HD springs front and back...but that does give you a stiff rind, AND I keep the tires aired up pretty good. Keep in mind, nearly every where I take my cart is paved roads.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:54 PM   #6
doublestack00
Getting Wild

Would it be cheaper to sale and start with a newer cart if your wanting 30ish?

You can pick up a used RXV for 2-2.5K, they hit mid to high 20s with just a reprogram and larger wheels.

My 2017 lithium hits 33 with 14" wheels.
doublestack00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 12:39 PM   #7
Sigarms226
Not Yet Wild

Looking for someone to mail the controller to for this on a 2019.
Sigarms226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 01:17 PM   #8
97ezgotxt48
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
truly....no such thing....if you lift your cart, it will make it more unstable seeing as it raises the center of gravity.....but what I did, so that I wouldn't have as much body roll, was to put HD springs front and back...but that does give you a stiff rind, AND I keep the tires aired up pretty good. Keep in mind, nearly every where I take my cart is paved roads.
Yes this sounds like a good place to start. I like the idea of the us springs front and back. May take care of my need for a lift
Old 04-07-2020, 12:44 PM   #9
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97ezgotxt48 View Post
Yes this sounds like a good place to start. I like the idea of the us springs front and back. May take care of my need for a lift
the HD springs will just make the ride a lot stiffer to be able to carry the extra weight....IF you just want a more stable suspension (stiffer) that will do it, but just so you know, the HD springs will not lift it at all.....HOWEVER, if you are always on paved or concrete roads, you will be fine at whatever speed your at. If you want a little more tire so it will help with the speed. I would suggest any of the street tires that are 20" tall, they all will fit with no lift. you can check them out at GOLF CART TIRE SUPPLY.
Old 04-08-2020, 08:36 AM   #10
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

But *if* your current springs are tired or (like mine were) bent, then HD springs will raise the cart.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO