lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2020, 07:51 AM   #1
georgia088
Gone Wild

Default Pds starting and stoping abruptly

Hello. I got a pds converter to 48v with alltrax 400 controller. Batteries are about 4 year old Trojan. I had a wire that corroded in two about 2 weeks ago. I changed all battery cables out and cleaned all connections. Now, the cart will be running wide open and then all of a sudden just cut out. And won’t go at all until I take my foot off the gas and press the pedal again. Some times it will be going about 50% throttle with pedal all the way down and then all of a sudden you can feel the burst of power but the pedal position never changes (it remains on the floor). Any idea what could be causing this? Thanks!
georgia088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2020, 07:40 AM   #2
georgia088
Gone Wild

Default Re: Pds starting and stoping abruptly

Im still at a loss to what may be causing this. Something is causing it to “disconnect” while moving and will only reconnect if you let the pedal all the way up and then press it back down and this resets it and it runs for a minute and then same thing happens. Any ideas?
Old 04-19-2020, 09:14 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Sounds like a solenoid issue. Alltrax controller?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 10:20 AM   #4
georgia088
Gone Wild

Yes dcx 400.
Old 04-19-2020, 10:35 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Try unplugging all four of the PDS wiring harness connectors plugged into the PDS to DCX adapter kluge as well as the adapter from the DCX controller, Spray clean, then reconnect.

Do same with connectors on F/R switch and keyswitch. (One wire at a time, so there's no chance of miswiring)

----------
If possible, look for LED on controller flashing error codes.

------------
Replace DCX400 with an XCT48400-PDS.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 10:40 AM   #6
georgia088
Gone Wild

I am getting 6 red blinks error code. Which I believe is under voltage? Pack voltage is 50.5v. Solenoid is clicking and voltage is changing on b+ of controller to about pack voltage when pedal is pressed. Then when pedal released I get 6 red blinks. Cart will run just jumps some. If I bypass solenoid with big jumper wire I get no low voltage error code. I guess maybe solenoid is bad. But it appears to be sending correct voltage across big terminals when battery is pressed? Thanks for any info!
Old 04-19-2020, 10:53 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Check the voltage on J1 Pins 4 & 5 (PDS harness) Voltage source for Pin-4 is reed switch and voltage source for Pin-5 is small red wire on solenoid's battery side large terminal. They end up on pins 9 & 10 on the DCX and if the voltage is low on them, you'll get a low voltage error also.
Old 04-19-2020, 11:15 AM   #8
georgia088
Gone Wild

I have pack voltage on both of these wires (red and red with white)

I think I may have found the cause of my low voltage red light.... I had the cable going from the B+ on the controller to the “output” side of the solenoid. So the controller was only getting B+ on the B+ terminal when the solenoid was activated..... it’s been like this for years. So, I’m not sure this is my problem.
Old 04-19-2020, 01:04 PM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Here is a schematic for a DCX in a PDS cart.

The B+ terminal of the DCX is supposed to be connected to the output side of the solenoid.

The purpose of the solenoid is to disconnect the controller high amp circuit from the battery pack when the pedal isn't pushed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCX In PDS- Full.jpg (261.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-19-2020, 02:30 PM   #10
georgia088
Gone Wild

Ok. So I don’t know what is causing the low voltage error then. It doesn’t do it with the b+ connected to input side of solenoid.

I do think this had multiple issues. I did discover the tow run switch had short. Causing the controller to come on and off I think this was causing the abrupt stops and having to let pedal up and back down to get it to go.

BUT... it still seems to have great power sometimes and then it will only run at about 50% sometimes. I don’t know what’s causing this.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO