lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2020, 04:51 PM   #1
btmellberg
Not Yet Wild

Default 2008 EZGO TXT series alltrax install question

Hello all, I recently purchased an alltrax 48400 series controller for my 2008 TXT series cart. I installed it today and noticed that it doesn't really run any faster than stock. It might have slightly more torque....not sure. I guess I was under the impression that it would be a bit faster with even just the controller upgrade. Now I am still on the stock solenoid (MJZ400 coming friday). Could that be it? thank you
btmellberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2020, 05:26 PM   #2
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2008 EZGO TXT series alltrax install question

Pretty much the nature of the beast with series carts, more amps gives more torque and more voltage gives more speed. If your cart was going 12-14 mph before the controller change that's about all you're going to get without an increase in voltage or a different motor. Is your cart 36v or 48v?
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 05:34 PM   #3
btmellberg
Not Yet Wild

its a 36V. I do think it had just a bit more torque, but not much. I thought i would be able to tell more I guess. Now to the next question.....would I be better off to get a new motor, or switch to 48V with the stock motor? My only issue is that I have a set of brand new batteries so I don't really want to switch to 48 right now.
Old 04-21-2020, 05:40 PM   #4
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by btmellberg View Post
Hello all, I recently purchased an alltrax 48400 series controller for my 2008 TXT series cart. I installed it today and noticed that it doesn't really run any faster than stock. It might have slightly more torque....not sure. I guess I was under the impression that it would be a bit faster with even just the controller upgrade. Now I am still on the stock solenoid (MJZ400 coming friday). Could that be it? thank you
This is true of sepex carts but not series. But you haven't wasted your money because if you want faster speeds and more torque you have to have the controller to take advantage of things that do increase the performance of series carts like better motors and especially a conversion to 48v.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 05:56 PM   #5
btmellberg
Not Yet Wild

Thank you kernal! I think because I have the new batteries I will do a motor first. ScottyB recommended the AMD 7122. I will likely just pick that up and install it because i know i can do that and upgrade to 48V later.
Old 04-21-2020, 06:50 PM   #6
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

You could also add 2 more 6v batteries to go 48v! I have 8-6v in my Medalist with the stock 36v motor and 22" tires it runs 17 mph with a ton of torque.
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 07:04 PM   #7
btmellberg
Not Yet Wild

Hand tools, I was considering that also. Not sure I want the extra 2 batteries in the back of the bag well though, as that takes up what little storage room I would have for a small cooler of soda 😎😎
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO