lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2020, 10:02 AM   #1
0chocinc01916
Not Yet Wild

Default Motor wiring

finally got the controller and solenoid to power up. Wired the motor via the alltrax manual. When I put it in drive it went reverse. When I flipped it to reverse it didn't move. So I swapped the S1 and S2 wires at the 3 and 9 position on FNR SWITCH. Put it in drive and it went forward.. but no reverse lol. I received two different manuals when I ordered everything.. the alltrax manual and the install manual from D&D motors. One shows A1 going to M- and the other shows A2 going to M-. Currently have A2 going to M-. Is this the issue
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200511_234200.jpg (129.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200511_234148.jpg (108.9 KB, 0 views)
0chocinc01916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2020, 10:54 AM   #2
tsmith_co
Getting Wild

Default Re: Motor wiring

Lookup revisions A and B of that wiring diagram. For some reason, revision C has the A1 and A2 terminals swapped. Same thing happened for me, forward and reverse were swapped. Put back your S1 and S2 to how the diagram shows. A1 and A2 are the only differences. This however doesn't explain why reverse doens't work.

Wire M- to A1, and wire A2 to the top of the FNR
tsmith_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 11:37 AM   #3
0chocinc01916
Not Yet Wild

[QUOTE=tsmith_co;1717314]Lookup revisions A and B of that wiring diagram. For some reason, revision C has the A1 and A2 terminals swapped. Same thing happened for me, forward and reverse were swapped. Put back your S1 and S2 to how the diagram shows. A1 and A2 are the only differences. This however doesn't explain why reverse doens't work.

Wire M- to A1, and wire A2 to the top of the FNR[/QUOTE

In regards to S1 and S2. Do I base the location off looking at the back side of the FNR switch? Like where they actually bolt on? Or from the front side? Left and right side are different based off which side your looking at it lol and one diagram has the ms2 switchs which made me assume you look at it from the front
Old 05-12-2020, 11:39 AM   #4
0chocinc01916
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmith_co View Post
Lookup revisions A and B of that wiring diagram. For some reason, revision C has the A1 and A2 terminals swapped. Same thing happened for me, forward and reverse were swapped. Put back your S1 and S2 to how the diagram shows. A1 and A2 are the only differences. This however doesn't explain why reverse doens't work.

Wire M- to A1, and wire A2 to the top of the FNR

As of right now S1 is right here
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200512_123841.jpg (136.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-12-2020, 01:44 PM   #5
tsmith_co
Getting Wild

It's based on looking at the lugs - so it looks like you have S1 and S2 backwards.
tsmith_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO