lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2020, 09:15 AM   #1
forkineye
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Need help identifying a motor

I picked up a 98 TXT DCS recently. Batteries were toast so never got to check it out. New batteries and she tops out at 9MPH with 20" tires. Pulled the controller and found out it was re-manufactured (all I noticed were 4 replaced mosfets), plus I get residual voltage on pin 6 when the key is off (around 6.5v). Alltrax 400 is on the way to replace it.

So, figured I'd pull the motor and check it out. Noticed one of the brush studs are loose. Pop the motor apart and aside from a plethora of brush dust, there's melted plastic all over the armature and field coils. I attack those with a scotch brite and clean them up, then turn the commutator on my lathe using 500grit sandpaper to smooth it out a bit. Barely fit on my 7x10 and couldn't use tooling on it. The brushes themselves look in great shape, so I'm thinking it was a botched install or bad wire connection that caused the insulator to melt. Anyways, I cleaned everything up, reinstalled it, wired my new 2ga cables, and still 9MPH. Ran it for a couple of laps and motor was cool to the touch around the terminals. I'm pretty confident the controller is my issue, but I'd like some help identifying this motor so I can know what to expect out of it. I can make out "AV? 400" or "AY? 400" in the second part number, but having no luck finding it online. Pics attached, thanks!
-shelby
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200511_144333755.jpg (169.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200511_144902205.jpg (109.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200511_144911090.jpg (68.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200511_192433998.jpg (144.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200511_195504090.jpg (138.7 KB, 0 views)
forkineye is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO