lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2020, 10:55 AM   #1
lakenseagt
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO QuiQ charger low voltage

2014 EZGO TXT, 48V, Delta QuiQ charger, new Trojan T875 batteries.

in the past, would sometime have to reinsert charger connector so cart would charge.

After installing new batteries yesterday, cart runs great, but I can't get charger to work. Charger reports 2 flashes (low/high voltage). Tried reinserting multiple times, but no success.

Voltage across batteries is about 8.3V each and 49.9 V across all. So those look good. I checked voltage at the terminals to which the charger connects and got about 13.2V. This would definitely be low voltage, but doesn't make any sense to me.

Anyone have any ideas as the problem?

Thanks!
Dennis
lakenseagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2020, 02:01 PM   #2
TexTurbo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO QuiQ charger low voltage

Double check where the two leads from the charger port connect to the battery pack...... They must be attached to the same terminals as the thick cables that go from the (48v) terminals to the controller. PAY ATTENTION TO THE POLARITY
13v makes me think one of them is on a wrong battery terminal

Also.... the thick cable goes on FIRST... then the charger port lead, then the nut..... (Please dont make me say how I know all this.....)
TexTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:41 PM   #3
lakenseagt
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO QuiQ charger low voltage

Thanks for the response.
I took a pic of batteries before replacing them to use as a guide.
I have both the charger + and other ( I believe its a temp sensor) lead attached to the same post as the BAT + cable. I had the order wrong at first, but referred to my pic and now have BAT + on bottom, then red charger + lead, then the temp sensor lead on top.

The 13V is a little over 1-1/2 of the 8V batteries, so it doesn't make sense. I would think it should be battery pack voltage of about 49.9 V.

Any other thoughts?
lakenseagt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
48v, charger, ezgo, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO