lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2015, 07:06 PM   #11
fixedblade
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Yamaha G2 Blow By

Cylinder was in spec. Reused piston with new rings. Gonna bypass the airbox to prevent air filter oiling. I've owned this cart for 8 years. Gonna sell it soon and start looking for a more recent model to customize. Thanks!
fixedblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2015, 08:14 PM   #12
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

A G2 although older is one of the better carts in my mind. It looks good and is a strong platform too customize. I'd save the money a different cart will cost and use the one you have.

Big block it and go from there. (At least that's what I'd do)
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 05:59 AM   #13
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

G2-G16 are all good carts
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:57 AM   #14
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Where are you located fixedblade and post a pic of your cart.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 10:06 AM   #15
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Mught check the "one check valve) on the passangerside of the valve cover.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 10:26 AM   #16
fixedblade
Not Yet Wild

Located in Austin, Tx. Will post some pics tonight.

I didnt know there is a check valve on the valve cover, will look into that. thanks!
Old 11-19-2015, 12:33 PM   #17
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Its in the line above the tee to the fuel pump. It can get plugged, it has to go in the right way. I think it allows the pulse to circulate one way and keep the pump free of oil, but not positive. If you have blowby its usually rings, if you didn't bore it they always have more blowby than a new bore. I would use a can then to the airbox, or run it into the forward section of the airbox. It also helps to make the line go up from the engine against the seat then back down to airbox. High rpm like speed runs and hot engine make it worse. If you check that line when its hot usually smoke coming out then but not when cold. It stinks if you don't run it into the airbox. Most lawn engines run it in ahead of the carb so it does not puke into the air filter. Read your plug make sure it is not running lean making it run hot, you have no airbox leaks, or you jetted the carb richer to make sure its not lean. Also sometimes the ignitor goes bad and does not retard the timing at low rpm and that heats them up. Usually they start hard hot then or spark knock when starting hot, but not always. I assume you cleaned the cooling fins when you rebuilt it.

I put a new 420 clone in my G9 when it started blowing oil, it was cheaper than getting the bare engine rebuilt (just a carry in and swap the block, at the time $600, they were all bored and new piston) at a dealer. This thing has twice the power, I did another and modded it some (still stock inside the block) and it goes even better. Both still have the pedal start and run like a stock cart other than being louder exhaust. I hit 30mph gps on the road with my stock engine on 22s with 15psi in the rears lol, I've hit 38gps with this but rarely run it that fast. The stock clone runs 32gps floating the valves, but springs are only $15 to cure that. But the clone gets up to speed in maybe 1/3 the distance, it blows (usually spins) up hills compared to the stock engine crawling. If you are interested in power its a no brainer, but it is a big project, I did it all myself before kits were available. Its easier with Vegas kits now, still takes some time but very worth it. However you can swap the stock engine in 20 min or so, so it depends on your needs for the cart and if you like to swing wrenches.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 08:54 AM   #18
fixedblade
Not Yet Wild

Love this site. Great feedback to my question. Thanks!

Here are some pics of the cart!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart1.jpg (173.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cart2.jpg (141.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-20-2015, 09:30 AM   #19
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I love your ol' beater G2, thats awesome.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha