lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2018, 10:50 AM   #11
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Default Re: In need of help

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ford View Post
be careful, don't buy a $17 carb from ebay. Junk
What do you suggest he get? And where?

When I needed a new one all I could find is the aftermarket cheapies in the $22ish range, I've actually had good luck with 'them'* over the years.....

*Footnote;
By saying 'them' yes I have had to buy two in the last 8 years or so lol, The first one only made it a couple years but I'm still doing good on the second one...Just sayin'
Dabble Inn is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2018, 01:06 PM   #12
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

I agree with Dabble Inn ( what a good name :) ) by the way :)

These OEM's are not available as far as I know. I would tend to agree that always if possible use the OEM's if you already have one and can parts cheap to repair them.

The problem I see is many I work on have already been replaced with aftermarket ones.

I have probably installed 15 of these cheap ones and never once had a problem. Maybe he got a bad one. Just order another because the price is right
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 11:04 AM   #13
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Thanks Trig123....

Just another side note I find hilarious now, but yet left me feeling somewhat stupid at the time when I realized it lol, It's an easily overlooked finer detail and a bit of sales trickery with these aftermarket cheapie carbs...

The brand name on them is 'Makuni', Initially it made me think Hey Cool I'm getting a great brand name carb for cheap.

Well, The great brand name is actually spelled 'Mikuni'. NOT 'Makuni', It could mislead some people. But I'm still not knocking them as they do ok and have no problem using them, Especially for the price
Old 11-07-2018, 05:28 PM   #14
49ford
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Guys, please promote these carbs all you want. I wasted $17 and a week on one. I learn from mistakes.
49ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:04 AM   #15
Luna
Not Yet Wild

Got a new carb install an it ran but not the best so took the motor out got the head of found lot of play in piston took the jug of an this is what I found time for a rebuild
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181108_104801.jpg (136.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20181108_104758.jpg (108.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20181108_104753.jpg (130.1 KB, 0 views)
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:46 AM   #16
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Ouch!! Yep time for a rebuild, I'd do a complete top and bottom end, But first I'd disassemble it all the way to make sure the case is ok. Those piston fragments probably caused havoc in the crankcase too
Old 11-08-2018, 04:48 PM   #17
Luna
Not Yet Wild

I think someone took the top of be for I took the case apart an could not find the broken piece any where not even a filing the in inside of the case dont have a scratch
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:29 AM   #18
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Oh ok, I'd at least put new crank bearings and seals in now.....

Well wait, Honestly I'd go ahead with the complete kit. You get a new crankshaft with all 4 new bearings, And of course a new top end is included with cylinder piston rings etc..

The only things you reuse are the case and head, Oh and be sure to keep the wrist pin spacers as they do not come with either kit. But you'll sleep better knowing it's all new lol, Gotta remember that lower rod bearing is 30 years old and by the looks of it it's been through a lot :)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO