lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2018, 01:38 AM   #1
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default 02 TXT Gas vs Electric Lift Kit

Need to put a lift on an 02 TXT Gas. I already have a GTW lift kit for a 02 electric (18143) I purchased for another cart that I need to use.

I think I read somewhere a while back that the only difference in suspension between the gas and electric was on the rear.

My question, is the front end of an 02 txt gas same as electric? If so, is there any reason I could not just buy the rear lift and use my existing front lift?
rockfordpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2018, 07:01 AM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: 02 TXT Gas vs Electric Lift Kit

Front same on both, on the back you would just flip the springs and iso mounts then add blocks, If your'e up to it you can make the blocks out of square steel tubing with 2 holes to except the pins on the springs and axle. You will also have to trim a little rubber off the iso mounts to except the pins on the axle (I use a bench grinder to grind the rubber enough to clear the pin), also need 8 bolts the right length to bolt it together and 2 more shock mounting plates... and DON"T over tighten the bolts, iso mounts are easily broke.

StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:26 AM   #3
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: 02 TXT Gas vs Electric Lift Kit

BTW.. if it's a 4" lift you won't need the blocks.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO