lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2019, 07:52 PM   #21
localbar
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2013 RXV No Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Stock cart can be set to run 15 with nothing other than a handheld. Put the freedom dongle on it and can get it to 20. Let someone tweak it with a developer setup and it can run in the high 20s. May not want to do that with the kids.
Which handheld? 100% sure?

I called two local shops and one said “nothing we can do”
The other I believe reached out to Bob Boyce on this forum.

I’d love to adjust this myself rather than take it apart and send it away.
localbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2019, 09:40 PM   #22
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Well, if they said they can't do it, for sure they are right, "they" cant do it. If you fancy spending $600 on a actual programmer, you Might be able to do it yourself. If you really like building your own electronics, you could possibly do it for less (if you figure out which parameters to change). Its surely not a job for the novice, there are hundreds of parameters available (for the rookie to possibly mess up). Either way, 19.5mph is the max speed setting, and the stuff that makes it go faster is more complex.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 08:00 AM   #23
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If you have an OEM level handset you can set it to 14.5 with nothing else. To get to 19.5 you need a dongle and the handset. If they tell you they can’t do it you probably don’t want them messing with it. Like cg said you can build your own cable if you wish but you had better know what you are doing or you can create a brick very quickly.

And yes, I am 100% sure
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 03:58 PM   #24
localbar
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Doh! That handheld is expensive. I have no intentions of trying to do this myself.
I guess we’ll live with it going 12 MPH until I get enough nerve to remove it and send it away to Bob.
localbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO